U.S.A. Senate passes September as Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month

So a couple days ago our Senate passed a simple resolution making this September Brain Aneurysm Awareness month! Basically it means that part of our Congess has recognized there are Brain Aneurysms and people should be aware. There’s no money ear marked for research, but with continued lobbying, it may happen. It wouldn’t hurt to email a short thank you to your Senator for helping to pass the bill. There’s no roll call in a simple resolution, but basic manners have never hurt…

The House has not had a vote on H.Res 667 it was referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee on March 23, 2016. Seems it’s sort of hanging around for some reason beyond my comprehension. Here’s a list of the members https://energycommerce.house.gov/about-ec/energy-commerce-committee-members

So what can we, as Americans, as the 1:50, do in the next two weeks? First, contact your Representative, have everyone you know contact them. Ask them to encourage their colleagues on the Energy and Commerce Committee to get H.Res 667 passed. If we can encourage enough people to contact their Congressperson to vote on HRes 667, maybe this year will be our first year to be recognized at the Federal level! That’s the theory of Democracy isn’t it? To let our people in DC know what we want? So let’s get to their website, type up a note and send it on. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Also, we are going up again this year. I have permission to use Carol’s wonderful pencil idea. If you can’t go, what would you want Congress to know? I just get to speak to a few folks and time is limited with them. Last year I spouted the math and converted the statistics to NC as a state and to my Representative, Congressman McHenry who was very interesting. I can talk about Foreign Accent Syndrome and relate it to the pencil. But I will never turn down ideas:)