Tired

I just want to thank everyone for there experiences, I am new to this site, ruptured aneurysm in Jan.2012, so I just seen Darlene R, blog and notice she still fights with tiredness, which is the what I had been curious about since Im just a month and a half out since I had my double aneurysm coiled.

Mine ruptured in September & was coiled. I have very minimal deficits. I've been fighting with always being tired though. The coiling was performed at the University of Michigan which is about 260 away. After a month I was transfered to a hospital close to home for impatient therapy so a neurologist was assigned to me. The neurosurgeons at U of M basically told me it would just take time for me to heal & to become less sleepy. HOWEVER I've been seeing the neurologist from the 2nd hospital each month & he prescribed Provigil which is a narcolepsy medication to "wake up the brain". My insurance company denied coverage. The doctor is filing a grievance with them. In the mean time he asked if I had ever taken Ritlan. I was taking a pretty high dosage of Adderall XR when I had the anuerysm & have been off it since. He prescribed 20mg (low dosage) of regular Adderall. I've been taking it for almost 2 weeks now & it's made a HUGE difference. I still nap some days but it's not consuming me any more.