Survived 10 years!

Can y’all believe it? I’m still hanging around enjoying all that life offers after rupturing 10 years ago. I knew it was coming up and then forgot all about it until my niece sent me a text…we had other things on our plate.

I ruptured 7 Nov 2013, have had four procedures counting the rupture. Yes my personality has changed, I can’t keep my mouth quiet and have been heard to tell myself to just shut up LOL. It’s improved a lot since my stent but I’m still not the quiet one I used to be. Someone still has to explain innuendos to me, I just do t get them anymore, I need people to be specific and use short sentences so I can understand them. It’s a dang good thing I will never have to go to court again, some of those attorneys can sure talk a lot.

The one thing I usually refuse to do nowadays is to have a CT anywhere near my head. I’ve had dozens of them on my brain, most in a relatively short amount of time. I used to tease that I hope I’d get Alzheimer’s before I got brain cancer, until Ms. Ryann corrected me and said dementia. My dentist uses one and I was not happy to say the least. They should have told me before hand. The machine said it was done and it was not. I opened my eyes to a very bright, piercing light and lost my words, tremor went into both hands and my stutter worsened. This last time I had my teeth cleaned, they used one of those hand held X-ray devices. It was much better. I am the only patient they’ve had who’s experienced a ruptured cerebral aneurysm. There was quite the learning curve for the new dentist who took over the practice when the one I’d been seeing for a couple decades retired.

I also used to get a bit frustrated with each procedure, even the diagnostic angiograms which would turn my two year clock back and I’d have to start again. But overall, I really don’t keep my aneurysm at the forefront of my life. I just do what I’m capable of and try to learn again. The one thing my rupture did not take from me is my love of learning and helping others. Thank you for allowing me to help you for the last 9 years!

3 Likes

@Moltroub
Congratulations to your 10 year survival ! You helped me so much when I was anxious about my upcoming second surgery. Just by reading what you have been through I thought that if you survived all your surgeries I can do it too . You also sent me birthday wishes the day after I got my stent, I don’t know how you are able to keep track of everything.
Thank for all that you do :pray:t2:

1 Like

Congratulations, but I think it should be us thanking you. You’ve always been willing to share your experiences, knowledge and welcome all with an open mind.
I’m with you ‘…I’m still not the quiet one I used to be…’ Things have changed, but I can’t do much about all of that. Am I the same? nope. But this is who I am here today.

Merl from the Modsupport Team.

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a fabulous milestone! We are all so blessed that you are still among us and are willing and able to give advice, support, and words of wisdom. Thank you for all you do.

1 Like