Subtle Ectasia noted at right MCA artery bifurcation

I had my coiling proceedure done some 4 years before and I am fine now other than few spells of severe head ache. I went for follow up MRA and the angiogram report says Subtle Ectasia noted at right MCA artery bifurcation. What does it mean ? Can anybody help ?

Thanks

Raj

From Meriam Webster on line - ectasia: the expansion of a hollow or tubular organ. Sounds like it’s stretched a wee bit. But what does your doctor say? Did the doctor use the word fusiform or have you accessed your MRA before seeing your doctor? I have all my doctors speak in general, understandable for me language. Call your contact person at the doctor’s office, usually a nurse and have the nurse explain it. Remember to write down all your questions so you don’t get lost in the appointment and it helps the doctor keep on takes too! I hand over my phone to my Neurosurgeon, she reads the questions, says we ask the oddest things and goes on and answers what she can, explains why she can’t give definitive answers for those questions that are just a conundrum;)

Hi Meriam,

Thanks a lot for your response, spoke to the doctor he said there is nothing to worry but did not explain too much. All he said was the coiling was perfect and nothing to worry about

Thanks

Raj

Moltroub said:

From Meriam Webster on line - ectasia: the expansion of a hollow or tubular organ. Sounds like it's stretched a wee bit. But what does your doctor say? Did the doctor use the word fusiform or have you accessed your MRA before seeing your doctor? I have all my doctors speak in general, understandable for me language. Call your contact person at the doctor's office, usually a nurse and have the nurse explain it. Remember to write down all your questions so you don't get lost in the appointment and it helps the doctor keep on takes too! I hand over my phone to my Neurosurgeon, she reads the questions, says we ask the oddest things and goes on and answers what she can, explains why she can't give definitive answers for those questions that are just a conundrum;)

Raj, I’m so happy for you! Thanks for touching base with us:). Good news means a Happy Dance!

But get him to explain…