Speech/memory

A year ago I was having Speech and memory issues and they ran a CT scan and found am aneurysms on the left side of my brain 10 mm. They coiled it but i still have memory and speech issues that are not getting better. And after the surgery i started have leg pain which is also getting worse all over my body. Anyone else have these issues?

Great discussion questions, Frankie! I hope that you get lots of responses. Feel free to make a comment from time to time: that way the post "bumps" to the main page of the site, and more people will see it.

Frankie, I have two cerebral aneurysms, one coiled in 2007, one wrapped during a craniotomy in 2008. I wish I could tell you my speech and memory problems disappeared after a while, but I can't. I can say the first year was the worst, and both problems did get much better but I do still have a few problems with speech and memory. Of course, I'm several years older now so the memory thing could be in part due to my age (63). My speech seems to get worse if I talk a lot like when we have company.

I didn't experience any leg pain, but that first year I used a walker because I staggered a lot. I haven't used it since, but I do still stagger once in a while.

I'm glad they found your aneurysm before it ruptured, and hope your speech and memory issues improve.

Hi! I also have speech and memory troubles. I had a ruptured aneurysym in 2011. It seems worse now. Take care!