Seizures....anyone else having this?

Hi everyone!

A while ago I posted my husband’s survival story of his ruptured brain aneurysm in Feb 2010 (quick recap- 6 craniotomy, 1 cranioctomy, 19 angiograms, 2 angioplasties, 3 strokes). After about 3 months he was 97% back to normal.

This morning I woke up to a loud noise and grunting noises. When I ran to the bathroom my husband was convulsing and foaming out the mouth- he was having a seizure! I called the paramedics and they took him to the hospital. They did a CT scan and they saw nothing “wrong” with the brain. His blood work was also normal. 2 hours later he were discharged. They put him on anti-seizure and told me to follow-up w/ a neurologist.

Has anyone else started having seizures so long after their ruptured aneurysm? If so, what caused it?

It was absolutely terrifying seeing him like this. I though he was going to die!

I believe I’m replying to an old post. Regardless, this sounds so similar to what my partner is experiencing this week. I came home to find her drooling on the floor. It’s been 10 months since her subarachnoid Brain hemorrhage and craniectomy. She was released from the ER after about 5-6 hours and normal CT scan. I was happy to see it was not another burst as we are currently monitoring another unruptured aneurysm.

How is your husband now? Does he continue to have seizures? Thank you for your story. Glad we aren’t the only ones with this scary experience.

1 Like