Scary news

Just found out I have an aneurysm. I seen the neurosurgeon a week ago. I go for a angiogram 12/6. Surgeon wants to make sure I only have one Anne. Not quite sure how to feel yet. Guess way to describe what I feel is, blessed & scared. Blessed it was found before I even have symptoms & that I live in a time where surgeons can fix them.

Hi DeeDee

I know how you feel. I was diagnosed on 10/3 with a 2mm aneurysm in the left carotid artery within the brain. We found it indirectly but I'm glad we found it and we're just going to keep an eye on mine since its small. My Neurologist is wonderful. Stay calm and have questions ready. Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,

Cartzy

Hi DeeDee. Glad is was found. I was diagnosed in june and had surgery in july. I feel very blessed also. It is a very scary thing to go thru though. Glad you found this site. It will help you with any questions and hopefully take away some of your fears. Just remember it was found for a reason. Good luck with everything. Deb

All I know right now is it is 3mm. I know that is small and believe me I am happy they found it. When I went to see the surgeon Dr Barrow at Emory in Atlanta Ga I didn’t know what questions to ask. I don’t even know where it is. After reading on this site I realize I need to make a list of questions before my next appointment. I do like my surgeon.

Thanks Deb. I am glad I found this site. At least I don’t feel along.

I live just north of Atlanta GA. I am fortunate to have Emory Hospital close. I feel very comfortable with my surgeon. I know we must stay positive. When you have something wrong in your brain it does wig you out. I wish you the best through your test on 12/5. Please let me know how it goes. Praying for you!

hi Deedee-your right it is scary but also in the fact you realize the benefit of catching it early, the angiogram is a little scary but is kinda easy and painless except for the bruise at entry site, You are in my hopes and prayers that there is only one and that one is small, shrinking and/or very easy to fix

You have my prayers for your upcoming angiogram...deep breaths...~ Colleen

Than you!

DeeDee, I am with you. I feel blessed and scared. The angiogram was not as bad as I imagined. I am very creative so when it was over, I had to laugh at myself. The worst part was the time in recovery and the pain in the leg that was used. It showed that I have three aneurysm as opposed to one. I am going in for coiling procedure 12/4. You are blessed. Stay positive.