Scan result

Hi Jennifer,

My memory is getting worse too! I couldn't remember what day it was earlier and like you, I am also forgetting words. I repeat the same word sometimes, then my sentence will flow as normal. I also seem to lose track of a conversation sometimes and my train of thought. I am losing my confidence too because of this. I just wish the medics would say it's because of our surgery and not say it is anxiety! It just makes you want to scream!

I rang the surgery to ask for a referral letter for the scan that I am paying for tomorrow. The doctor refused as she hadn't met me and said the professor thinks it's just focal migraine! I explained how 4 of my scans were misread at 3 different Hospitals and I want this small vessel disease explained and strokes or TIA's ruled out. I now have to go to the surgery at 9.30 in the morning and pray they will write me a letter in time for my appointment! I would rather be able to spend my money on something nice but it's a worry when I am no longer not able to trust them.

I just spoke with another doctor at the surgery and they have now agreed to write a referral letter and will have it ready for me by the morning but said they will state I am requesting the scan and not them!

Will keep you posted!

Eve X

Also, the GP said to me over the phone "what happens if they do find something, what happens then"? Which I think was implying, it would be costing them if I was diagnosed with something else!x

I have noticed some people have been prescribed aspirin after having an aneurysm coiled, but I wasn't prescribed anything when I left Hospital. I though at first it was because I didn't have a stent placed in my brain, but I discovered patients at the Walton Hospital in Liverpool in the UK, gives patients blood thinning injections after surgery while in Hospital and aspirin to take when at home!x

Hi all,

I had my MRA in London on both my brain and carotid artery's in my neck. The report stated the aneurysm shows occlusion but there are other things on the report I do not understand. A signal dropout of the right PCom artery origin and the extracranial arterial also shows dropout at the carotid bulbs!! Anyone else here had this on their results? I now have to see a neurologist to have it translated. It's unlikely I will have an appointment before Christmas. It does state there is no recent ischemic or bleed, which I am relieved to hear. Although, I was told TIA's do not show up on an MRI/A or a CT so I don't know how they are diagnosed. I was told in A&E that my attacks could be TIA's. My concern about TIA's happening is that it is well documented that a stroke usually follows months later. I do not know if the same applies if the TIA's are due to the coiling.

I still haven't recovered from my train journey to the Hospital on Thursday. I rested yesterday. I couldn't do anything but felt good this morning so I went to have my hair done today. I was hoping to do Christmas shopping afterwards but I lost my balance when I went to pay the receptionist and I didn't feel right. It was so crowded with Christmas shoppers everywhere, I didn't want to risk a collapse. I then didn't feel as if I was walking right, it was as though my feet were not working properly when they hit the floor. My head didn't feel right and my balance kept going so I returned home.

I decided to take 75mg of soluble aspirin during the night and I have taken it again tonight. I am just worried I will have a stroke. I asked my GP and she said I should be taking it daily, yet no consultant or Hospital Dr have mentioned this to me.

I have this strange sensation in my right arm and leg again. It is the same side as my coiling. It's not pins and needles or numbness. I can pick things up and use my arm, but at times, the sensation is as though my sleeve is wet on my arm, yet my arm isn't cold, neither is my leg. Other times it feels similar to your arm or leg about to go sleep or if you were to grip the top of your arm with your hand, then release your grip, the way your arm feels afterwards,that kind of feeling.

My right foot felt odd the other day. This has only been happening since my surgery. In the early days after my coiling (6months ago) if I went to lie down in the afternoon, that would bring on this sensation in my arm or leg.

I am having so many odd symptoms since my surgery which worry me. Last night I woke up with pains in my head in the coiling area. The pain was so sharp. It went away, then returned a few minutes later. This kept happening for around an hour so I decided to take the aspirin. I am hoping nothing on my report means that I shouldn't.

I hope what I am posting makes sense as I am finding it difficult to think properly today and find my words. I found it difficult to hold a conversation with the stylist doing my hair this morning.

I just wish a consultant would say to me this is all normal after coiling and to be expected. I just want reassurance.