Sat Nov 24 2012, been out of Hosptial 8 days

Hello Everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day. I have been out of the hospital for 8 days. I am still having pain, headaches, but happy to be alive. The Dr. did a nice job on the incision. He shaved my head in a way that hides my scar. I am so happy. I get my staples out 11/29/12 and go for my first checkup. I am happy to be home. I don't have much of a appetite, and my jaw is real sore on the left side.

Kathy

Awesome Kathryn~ so happy for you, the reason you have no appetite is the brain is directing stomach thataway cause he knows your jaw hurts!!! lol ok i made that up!! but who knows??? Seriously tho i sure hope your appetite comes back-- maybe try 4 small meals instead of 3 large. find something you really love and crave- and then go for it- pamper yourself, ask others to help- you deserve it~!!! my cravings were whoppers from bk but when i finaly got one it made me feel sick because of the feeding tube my stomach was not in true form-lol, thanks for update! bless you & yours!

Glad everything went well! =) Hang tough and enjoy the daytime tv (got totally hooked on Dr. Oz and Let's Make a Deal when I was recovering...lol). Prayers that you recover quickly!

Tara

Good to read everything has gone well.

Judith

Congratulations Kathryn! Recovery does take some time so don't rush it, the best thing is that your surgery was successful. Time will heal the rest. My jaw was sore for awhile too, I don't think I could eat a sandwich for over a month plus my doctor was not much of a hair stylist, I looked more like beetle juice when he was done.....haha!

Take it easy, you'll start to think that you're better but don't rush it.

take care :)

Good luck tommorrow Kathryn...keep us posted on your first checkup ...

and Remember to keep resting and healing...positive vibes your way ~ Colleen

Great news Kathryn!! I found I had to eat very small qunaties. Kept nuts and cheeses near- they are good sources of protein which promotes healing. Give yourself time and easy goes it!! much luck- donna w

Congratulations Kathy. Don’t want to sound like a broken record ( guess I just gave away my age ) but rest abs much as you can and take it easy.