Ruptured Aneurysm/SAH Before 30— Would Love Advice/Stories

You did perfectly Karly, good job! I was privileged with the Doctors and Nurses and all the others that worked diligently to keep me alive for a 26 day stay in what I call “spa therapy - I didn’t even have to wipe my own…”. I guess I liked being poked with the needles and making the ultrasound and radiology folks work harder as I had vasospasms for 21 of those days. When I was released and sent home, I looked like someone took a baseball bat and had at it from the neck to my knees. Fortunately, they couldn’t go past the top of the knees because I had those doohickeys that fill up with air and release so I wouldn’t get blood clots. I forget what they’re called, someone here will know, I’m sure. I loved them, some folks despise them…The back of my body was good, probably because they had me laying on it :joy:. But weird pains and migraines were a norm for me until I finally learned to hydrate, eat protein and rest when needed. That was after a bunch of different meds the Neurologist tried, none of which my body liked.

For pains in the neck, sinus areas, try either a warm wash cloth or cool wash cloth. I had a lot of rules when I was released that to this date I have to follow, don’t blow your nose hard, my favorite - don’t sneeze too hard​:crazy_face::rofl:, don’t strain when having a bowel movement. The ones I had to post on the refrigerator because we kept forgetting - migraine, stiff neck, nausea/vomiting go straight to Emergency Department. Hydrate, protein, rest, hydrate some more and repeat for headaches and odd feelings haven’t changed since I ruptured in November 2013. So know your rules…

My little bugger is apparently as tenacious and persistent, maybe obstinate as I am. It took four attempts to coral it, the last with a stent. When I had the NeuroForm Atlas Stent installed by Dr. Quintero-Wolfe, it was as different as night and day for me.

I think you’re way ahead of where I was back then, that’s really fantastic! Welcome!

4 Likes