Risk for abdomenal aortic aneurysm increased after brain aneurysm

My PCP sent me to a cardiologist who specializes in vascular issues, since a aneursym is not just a brain issue but a vascular issue. Cardio doctor said studies have shown a relationship with developing a abdomenal aortic aneurysms with people who have had brain aneurysms. I now have a scan every 2 years on my abdomen. The neuro doctor said that wasnt his field and didnt know. This is something to think about if you develop back issues especially (pain from abdominal anerysm referring to back).

Thank you for this, but it begs the question: What can we do to improve our vascular health?

Lorac...have you yet had your brain aneurysm treated?

Did you see that one renowned neurosurgeon in SF? (I have no memory of name...but well displayed here in prior times by a number of members..)

Have you reviewed Kennedy Kirsch's video?...I was so pleased to see it...a great start...

Your comment is the first time I have read it anywhere...re: potential connection of abdominal and cerebral aneurysms... I know someone who has PKD (polycystic kidney disease)...who has an aortic aneurysm...my understanding was that is up near the heart... I always assumed she meant the aortic arch area... will have to ask her some day...

Campanile...have your searched for vascular organizations...I wish I could even remember what word/term I was using when the strokeSTOP came up...and, I almost did not read it...

Campanile said:

Thank you for this, but it begs the question: What can we do to improve our vascular health?