PTSD after ruptured anni

Hello to all, I’m Jerry and my SAH was 8/9/11. I’m new to the group and first time replying. My PTSD was only diagnosed in 2017. Quite awhile dealing with anger and frustration. My bleed was never clipped or coiled. They could not pin point why it started, where it started and why it just stopped on its own. The loud noises, bright lights, and difficulty in concentration still frustrate me. I do know that I’m blessed just to still be here, but sometimes it’s just draining. I am SO HAPPY to have found this site. Just my opinion,but not very many people can understand what we as survivors deal with. Thanks for listening/reading!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow! New to this site also. So thankful. In September 2018. I had ruptured anni. Bleeding on brain, happened at work. Thought I had migrane. I live by myself. Three days later my niece found me in bed, she thought that I had a stroke. I was care flighted to hospital. Had stent and coil procedure. 21 days in Neuro ICU. Sedated most of that time . Sent home with Tylenol for pain. Grateful for family members who took turns caring for me. But since there is no visible wounds or signs of surgery it is so difficult for others to understand what we are going through. And I wondered if I was expericeing PTSD. I have had to find my own resources for help in this small community. Doctors, nurses all said God had given me a second chance. For several months was not sure I wanted it, with all the changes in my lifestyle. But now I am grateful for each accomplishment

2 Likes

Welcome Jerry! We are glad you found us too! Did you have an angiogram? Your experience is astounding. Tell us more in a new post!

Happy you found us! You are one lucky woman! A psychologist can diagnose the PTSD.

It is extremely difficult to locate resources. Why don’t you start a new post and members can put in specifics of what and where they found for what we need?

1 Like

Happy to hear that you are doing well. I feel the same about myself. I have days when I feel down but I have good days as well. I am grateful to be alive also.
Take care

1 Like

OMG Jerry1969 your story sounds exactly like me! My story began May 2011. I had just turned 41 and I didn’t have surgery. It ruptured and they didn’t do anything but watch me and send me home after 12 days. They told me at my 6 month appointment to go back and live my life and be thankful. My husband took that as clearly a clean bill of health and I should get back to doing everything I was doing before. So he told me, hey you should go back to finish your college degree (I had been going to college full time and working) and go back to work, we could really use the money. So I just did. I jumped in-I had poor grades, I struggled like never before. My head ached! My feet swelled up at this new job I was working at, so much I couldn’t wear shoes. I felt such anger and confusion! I felt hurt and resentment. Most of all I couldn’t do the things I had been doing before without pushing myself so hard. My family didn’t understand anything about it. I couldn’t even explain it because I never went back to a doctor except when the pressure was on so hard I felt like I was having a heart attack. But they ruled it a panic attack and my husband said I needed to trust in God more. I have only had scans done for my sake because I get fearful it will come back, when I read some story of someone just dropping dead with it. Sorry everyone for such a sad story, but I am new to this site and I haven’t had therapy or talked to anyone only saw two doctors in all these years and only the physical reasons. I just need to let these feelings out somewhere.Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Sounds like you and I have the same situation. Mine was also in 2011. Mine stopped on it’s own and they can’t explain why. I had some vasospasms and really off the charts high blood pressure readings but as the months went on I just improved. However many things just are frustrating to me such as bright lights and driving at night-super loud music-which before wouldn’t have bothered me at all. I had teen-agers in the house when I got home, so that was a trial to us all. I have grandkids now and I love them so much, but I feel cheated because I can only deal with them for about 2 hours at a time and then I can feel my nerves getting raw. My head will start pounding and I just want to go to bed because I am drained. I just turned 50 Oct of 2019 and there are days I feel so much older, it makes me very disappointed in myself. I had all these plans. Sorry for the sad post, but I am having a rough day. Thanks for reading.

1 Like