Post craniotomy clipping headaches and all over pain

I had an unruptured aneurysm coiled in 2009, and a stent and re-coil in 2011. Then in Feb of 2018 a craniotomy and clipping of 2 new unruptured MCA aneurysms.

Suffered from migraines in the past but was able to get them under control through meds.

This time I had these migraines prior to surgery since 2017, which is what prompted another MRA.

I’ve tried so many meds prior to surgery and post. I’ve tried going off all meds. I’ve more recently tried botox injections. That has not helped. I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia post surgery.

Has anyone had any positive results for either of these conditions post craniotomy and clipping?
I am trying so hard to be positive, and I am thankful I am alive, but I am so tired of being in constant pain.

I am still off work. I was denied STD. This has seriously taken a toll on my quality of life.

I had a ruptured aneurysm coiled and unruptured clipped, both on the left side in March of 2015. Also a shunt installed due to hydroencephalus. Nov of 2015 one on the right side was found and it was clipped. Then in December the original ruptured one had a pipeline embolization device or stent put in. The second craniotomy was the one that got me, it was very difficult to access and think it required moving the brain a lot. I looked forward to feeling better for a long time. Headaches were virtually constant, with some severe pain a couple times a day. I had read of others that had pain anywhere from months to two years. Keep looking forward to feeling better, it happened for many if not all of us.

1 Like