Pipeline stent

Hi I haven’t been on this site in a few years, yes. I’m alive today because of the ped device , I had a 14 mm fusiform aneurism on the basiler artery , owe my life to it !!! Joey

1 Like

Great news Joey! Do you mind starting a new topic? This is 3 years old and will eventually be closed. But your experience could really help others.

Sorry I didn’t realize the date on it, there were only like 20 members when I joined,

I"m glad you came back on and posted!

My 5mm Internal Carotid Artery is completely flat less than 1 year following my pipeline stent…so thankful for this technology and my physician!

5 Likes

How was follow up did u have to do angiogram thanks from susie

I mentioned a dizzy imbalance center near me. I did visit and after the evaluation I was told I’m good to go and hopefully the imbalance issue will get better. I’m glad I’m here and I deal with it when my balance is off. It could be worse.

Try Tai Chi, it really helped me with my balance issues.

1 Like

Hi, did the eye complication happen before or after the pipeline? thanks. Jeff

Was this question for me? I had lost sight in my left eye a few years prior to the aneurysm being discovered. Complete blindness occurred after the stents were placed. This was caused by the swelling caused by the clot that forms and which then crushed my optic nerve. I now have a percentage of really good eyesight in my right eye - enough to continue my favorite hobbies such as photography :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Woofie! The question was for Kenya_Bolds. You can tell who the member is asking by looking across from their avatar and name. There will be a return arrow and the member’s name. Hope this helps. I’m so happy your able to do something you love!

Duh! I see now Moultrob. I didn’t see any responses since my own re visual probs, so that’s my excuse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Woofie, sorry to hear about your sight. But yes, the question was originally directed at Kenya_Bolds.

1 Like

I had a pipeline stent and now my aneurysm is completely flat! I cannot say enough about how thankful I am.

4 Likes

Wow! What were the symptoms you experienced after the pipeline procedure?

Awesome!! How long did it take to flatten after the pipeline?

Hi Deborah, how are you feeling now? I haven’t done the procedure yet.

Mine was also completely flat within the year :slight_smile:
So very thankful!

I did do angiograms a few times the first year and now just have to go for an MRA in about 3 years

Loud noises and bright lights (especially fluorescent) are definitely NOT my friends after my pipeline stent either. My mom also has aneurysms and she has hard time with light and noises also.