Percentages of successful surgeries

You will do fine I’m sure of it! Please keep us posted

Thanks, again! I thinking the waiting and running through the negative what ifs is brutal. Ultimately, I have to remind myself that the prior sugery saved my life, and that this is a necessary part of what needs to be done. Also, praying a lot. Will post info when I can to update after procedure. Thanks for caring. This group has been such a blessing!

*think, not thinking

I read think…guess my auto correction is turned on :laughing:

Mary,
On 8/25/17 I suffered the worst headache of my life. Was sent to my local hospital, and was than sent to New York Presbyterian Columbia where I had First Craniotomy and Aneurysm clipping on 8/30/17. Than I had second Craniotomy on 9/11/17 Aneurysm was unruptured, so doctor decided that since it was not in a precarious part of my brain it was to be left alone.

I too tried to get better faster. I have since learned to TRY and be patient. It will all take time. Shortly I will be signing up for Disability and work shorter hours than I am now.

Still suffer from headaches everyday, short term memory loss, trembling hands, confusion and fatigue.

This is a great support group and I hope you come to it often. Wish you lots of luck. We are all here to help whatever you need.

Laura

Waiting is the hardest part. The surgery will be over soon and you will be fine. Sending prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts your way! Ida

Thanks for being so encouraging. It means a lot. My surgery is in 8 days. Trying not to think too much about it, but can’t help thinking about it!

1 Like

I think there’s not a person alive who doesn’t worry about upcoming surgeries. Be proactive! Get your house in order, give yourself a set time to dwell on all the possibilities and then say ok, what can I control? This may sound odd, I’m a little odd if no ones noticed…Before my procedures, I clean everything and make Cindy help roflol. The bills all get paid whether they’re due or not. Floors are mopped, vacuumed and everything dusted. Given the time of year, I will mow, trim and weed the yard the day before procedure. I do whatever it is I can control. We even make sure to call family and go out to dinner with friends. Through it all, I still set aside time to dwell on what is going to happen, but I control it by setting a reminder on my phone. For me, it’s acknowledging the fear and putting it in its place. I tell myself, I am stronger than my fears. It always has worked for me.

Thanks for the tips! I do think that sounds like a great idea. Setting aside a set amount of time to dwell upon things, (rather than getting caught up in thought throughout the day)! I do need to tidy up the place as well. Sadly, due to being still tired out from the initial rupture, and probably also due to worry, I have been napping alot. Thanks for the advice though. You are right. I need to focus on my life and just give only a bit of time to worry. Thank you.

It’s ok to be tired, you’re not that far out. Just set small goals you can check off every day so it becomes the steps for a large goal. Good luck!