People in the Public

We watch Game of Thrones and the young girl in the cast suffered a brain aneurysm back in 2013. It's stated in her biography. Her name: Emilia Clarke She was born in 1986 but looks like she is in her early 20's.

(Spring 2013) Suffered a brain aneurysm and was treated at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3592338/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

***************Also Sharon Stone.

I am wondering if any of them ever do anything to bring awareness to aneurysms as a spoke person. I realize having acting careers keeps them busy but I bet speaking in a commercial just might make people more aware that ani's can happen at any age. Emilia and Sharon are pictures of beauty & good health, yet what someone looks like or what age they are obviously does not matter. On this website someone stated in the video section that approx. 1 of 50 people have ani's and unaware. (if I remember right) I watched it early this morning. Some interesting information from the speakers in the BAF ORG video section. So much help is needed in the research area on this website and donations, fund raisers, etc. It is because of BAF Org and other Org's that we are able to get our answers or support when needed. Brain diseases are more common than we realize. Just some thoughts on doing whatever we can do.

Jeanne- here’s my 2 cents…I think Ms. Clarke has the right to her medical privacy and has no obligation to come out. What I read is that the tabloids don’t really know why she went in and are assuming it was a brain aneurysm. Wouldn’t it have been grand if even one of those tabloids here, on line, in the UK, had bothered to do a little research 15 minutes and shared that information with all their readers! It would have reached millions! So who has the real responsibility here - the speculative media or the actress trying to make a living so early in her career?

By the way, I love Game of Thrones and she is an incredible actress for someone so young.:slight_smile:

Hey this is old, closing it to comments.