Awareness

I don’t feel there is enough awareness about Brain Aneurysm seem like it is a subject people are afraid to talk about.To me breast cancer is out there in the open and Brain Aneurysm should also be out there in the open,but its not. Why is it that it seem like a taboo subject,well it shouldn’t be because so many people are having Brain Aneurysm.I am a survivor and there are people out here who have lost love ones and they can’.t understand why.Why?because no one seem to be aware of this terrible thing.I think we should make this a top priority and get it out in the open like we got breast cancer out there.A Brain Aneurysm is just as dangerous as breast cancer

1 Like

Amen my sister-survivor…im going to try n put 2gether a walk here n dallas…i think thats a start…good luck n let me know if i can help…hugs-n-prayers

I know, it seems like we need someone famous to get the word out there. Anybody know one?

Yes Kris there is a famous person out there somewhere and I will continue to look for that person cause we need the help.I was told that a basketball player father had a aneurysm let me continue to look into it and I will get back to you.Maybe he can help.

Thank you Michelle for the response,what you can do is help us to try and locate someone that is famous who has had a Brain Aneurysm or maybe someone in their family who may be willing to talk.I know it won’t be easy but keep your eyes and ears open.Thanks Again and God Bless.

Sharon Stone had an aneurysm rupture years ago, I think she never talks about it though - she does lots of other charity work, and I can’t imagine why she hasn’t taken up a cause that’s affected her so much. I imagine google’ing celebrity and aneurysm might turn some people up. It’s a great idea.

bret michaels

Thanks for info,I will look into it.God Bless and keep getting better!

I’ll have to look into it because believe it or not I Don’t know who Bret Michael is.God Bless!

I feel the same way...so many have told me...they have heard of them ... but never knew so much about them...until mine...so I educate those I meet along Life's journey...esp if people have lots of headaches...

Like everything, I think you have to petition your congress people inorder to get them to lobby the importance of education in the world about annie's...! colleen

Bret Michaels is a rock star, I believe his annie was coiled. I think people don’t talk about them because they are taken lightly in the hospital-like it is an every day thing to coil and stint a head and go home in a day or two. Just as doctors take lightly the symptoms that people have following their procedures. Because one out of five people feel fine, than they all should (everyone is categorized). We do seem to be the ones no one wants to talk about, because there is no cure.

Avis...you have an excellent idea...it's one of the things that BAF has been trying to do...in setting up this site...but how do you get the general public to view it? Michelle has a great idea in setting up a walk in her area. Do you have a local support group or any ideas on how to promote a walk and/or any other functions?

Breast cancer is out in the open because of that one woman (name blanking on my memory) who had the creativity, the strength, the courage, to take on so much. If she, or someone like her, had not done it, it may not be any better known...

There are a number of well-known people, from VP Biden, to the one woman congressional rep from Ohio who did not survive a few years ago, actress Sharon Stone who did survive, and many more...that gets great media coverage that still does not get basic info promoted...

Avis,

Several years ago, Sharon Stone was on the Oprah show; however, they talked little of aneurysms except that Sharon had had one. I had a fantasy and emailed Oprah's website and got no response...which likely was the result of my writing inability to generate interest...

Jill Bolte Taylor, PhD, authored My Stroke of Insight, (ISBN 978-0-452-29554-4 for paperback)

and has a website w/contact name/email. She does presentations; however, if I understand correctly, there are fees for her time. You may want to contact them...and, try the Oprah site, too.

Avis, there are a number, i.e. VP Biden, Bret Michaels (whose name I forgot); a male producer who did a play about his aneurysm ...

Well, this suggests to me to write a list of names...well, if I can remember where I store it and by which file name...

Lisa,

I think you just described it very well... just my personal, not a professional, opinion....

Found out Neil Young had one repaired...Laura Branagan died of an annie at the age of 47 (she sang the song..."Gloria") ... Biden had one ruptured and clipped and another surgically removed...Teri Garr had one rupture about 4 years ago...and clipped...I never knew about any of these people having annies until you wrote this post and I started searching out...amazing...

Colleen

this is amazing and a tragedy at the same time that more attention hasnt been given to public awareness…maybe…no im positive that is why God has spared us…and that is to help save lives…im on board…need to organize a walk to raise money for awareness and research…feeling stoked! we can help save lives!

pat i think that Susan G Komen? im gonna start turning the wheels to get this started…we do have a support group in my area and will talk with the coordinator monday…very excited about this…hopefully we can get some people that are in the public eye to do some spots for a commercial…:wink: gotta lotta work to do…

Since I found out about my annie, I've seen quite a number of bits on TV about them. Dr. Oz, my local news etc. I think it's out there more than it used to be but not enough. I don't recall hearing much about them before except for Sharon Stone's. I have PKD in my family so you'd think WE would have been made aware, but nobody in my family knew about the increased risk. My mom had a transplant and I gave a kidney to my brother. Both my sisters have kidney disease as well and not one Dr. has mentioned this or screened any of us. Sad.

Michelle, thanks..yes, Susan G. Komen...

Another is Jill Bolte Taylor, PhD who wrote My Stroke of Insight...she has a website, too. She does presentations; as I understand it, there is a fee...can email her site contact to learn more. I had forwarded this info awhile back to my local leader/organizer...

Several years back, I had the fantasy to coordinate/promote; and, I could not remember names, what I did yesterday, or to schedule tomorrow; I seldom go to the meetings because of distance, traffic, weather, etc...