Ongoing tiredness after clipping

Hi all, I am new to the site and have a question for those who have had an aneurysm clipping... mine was clipped nearly two years ago, yet I still have ongoing exhaustion, and can often sleep around 14-16 hours per day (although not in one chunk). Is this normal?

Are you taking any medication?

Hi Breeze, yes - my doctor has me on anti-depressants, as I was not coping too well. I only take these at night, so I would be surprised if these are affecting me 24/7 - plus, I had this tiredness even before taking the medication.

Well i know that anti depressants cause drowsiness but since your taking it at night it should be fine unless you are taking a large dose. I was on 25mg for awhile and adjusted pretty well. It knocked me out at first but then I got use to it. Your surgery was 2yrs ago so I would think you should have your energy back by now but everyone’s body is different. When I sleep too long it will give me a headache so if it’s not bothering you maybe take some vitamins to see if that helps. B12 or a multivitamin for women’s energy. Good luck and always discuss these things with your dr.

Thanks Breeze - good idea about the vitamins - will try that. I had heard of people still being tired/lacking energy years after their surgery, and wondered how common it was. Perhaps I just need more time...