Need your opinion: after an angiogram

Hi Bloomsie,

I understand how you feel the people around you seem to forget you are sick. I experienced the dame and put it down to the fact that their is nothing physical for them so see so that that they can associate your illness with something like a big old scar or a bump or lump! I coped by explaining to one member of my family and that person was nominated by myself to speak to all my nearest and dearest to help htem understand the seriousness of what was happening inside my head.

After the coiling procedure you will have more of the same. they simply don't understand and I dealt with it by being patient and trying to see it form their point of view. I don't think they forget you are sick, as much as they don't know how to deal with it. Very frustrating for you and I suppose for them too.

After the angiogram and before the procedure was the worst time for me. Luckily I was kept in hospital for the two week period before the procedure and was kept fairly sedated. It is frightening, because it is unfamiliar territory, but, speaking for myself, my procedure was a resounding success and I wish you all of the same.

Snap if you feel like snapping, bark if you have to, bite if you need to -allow yourself to feel, experience and respond to all the emotions, it is just another way of dealing with this traumatic event.

Blessings and keep us posted!

hello I had an aneurism coiled three years ago and I am doing well sometimes I get slight headache but nothing to worry about I wish you all the best x

I had my coiling as an emergency patient as my aneurism had burst. There are two upsides to my experience: I didn’t worry about it because I wasn’t aware that it was happening, and the best part is that it worked!
I’m a worrier too and I get myself all worked up over things but try to concentrate on the success rate of the coiling technique and the security it will bring to you.
Thinking of you!

Guys I never expected this kind of response. You are so kind to offer up your kind words, personal experiences.

I really appreciate it as it’s tough because I don’t know anyone who has had it so talking to you all really helps. My consultants and surgeons meet tomorrow so we’ll see how quick they want me in.

I feel I’ve been harsh on my lovely partner he has a better idea now and is such a help to lean on. The mood swings are a nightmare but part and parcel I suppose of this process.

I’ll keep everyone updated. The good thing is my nuero-radiologist said I have a nice looking aneurysm lol. This is my second opinion so I’m happy with what they recommend after my other consultant wasn’t helpful at all!

Thanks guys x

Good luck....(:

Waiting is tough and scary but once the coiling is done weight will have been lifted off your shoulders! Coiling was so much better an easier than the initial bleed and clipping it’s a tough d vision and scary but I have no doubt it was the right decision for me and I would make it again. Best of luck and my thoughts are with you

Hi Bloomsie. I am sorry you have been diagnosed with an anersism. We all know what it feels like to get the diagnosis. Keep yourself together as hard as that is, and believe you will be fine . Staying positive will make the wait so much easier. I waited nine months, and finally had coiling done for a 6mm ica lsst septembe . The anxiety was over the top at times and things like lights, noise, action or sudden movement would make me off balance and my concentration were all over the place. I constantly worried the aneurism would rupture. Well its been a little over a year now. The coiling was a piece of cake compared to the lead up. There wasn’t any real discomfort, it was all manageable and healing was faster then expected. Blessings to you that your journey is like mine and hopefully you get comfort from the positive feedbacks right here on this sit . You are not alone…and we are here for a reason…,…to carry on and live with gratitude…,. And to be there for others as your recovery goes well. God bless.

Sam...

I have had such a curiosity on how many members note..."aneurysm...found...when looking for something else..." that continues to jolt my curiosity...

We are told ...over and over...what our aneurysm symptoms are...and, then over and over...like you...being tested for something else...

Would you please share IF...they found something else...a/w/a an aneurysm?

I have a strong interest in this...for so many of us...for those in the future...

Thanks, much

Pat

Sam said:

Hi! Last Decemeber, found out I had a 5 mm aneurysm. I waited until February to have it coiled.

I was so ready to have it done and know that I no longer had to worry about the aneurysm. Every thing

went great ~ very, very thankful to God for letting the aneurysm be found, because I was having no symptoms from it. I was in the hospital for something minor and it was found.

I wish you the best!!

Hi Bloomsie, Wow, all these posts and yours all sound familiar. There's always a common thread in that we all have SOOO many emotions to deal with as do our loved ones. I found out 8/25, spent the next several weeks traveling to doctors appts, second and third opinions, and agonizing over what the best thing to do would be, when to do it, and which doctor to trust. I am having clipping on my 3 aneurysms on the eighteenth and the time inbetween all of this has been absolute hell. Coming here and seeing stories similar to mine and seeing that I'm as normal as I can be with this situation is comforting.

Hang in there. I hope your partner comes around, he/she may be in denial or too scared to talk about it. Everyone is different and goes through crisis different. Good luck to you. When is your surgery?

Jeannine

Family I probley would not make it cuz of the rupture n I’m alive five coils latter. Have faith in your god n yourself.

The first part of my reply I have no idea where it went. I had a rupture n my family was told I probley would not make it. 5 Annie’ coiled later I’m ok. Have faith in your god n yourself n rest as much as u can. If in Florida shands hosp. Is fantastic god b with u