Need to get some feedback about clicking noise experience

Hi. Anyone experience anything like this? My craniotomy for anneurysm clipping was 9/2/10 & I still experience the "clicking noise" in my head-mostly at night now. It wakes me w/pain in my skull area & I sit up - massage my skull gently & feel it shift back into place. Thanks.

Hello! I don’t have craniotomy. I had coiling 6 months ago. I experience ringing , buzzing in my ear and crawling feeling in my head . I start complaining 2 days after my surgery. I don’t have pain but it bothers me a lot. I could not sleep at night. Please call your neurosurgeon and ask about all this post symptoms. Hoping for your complete recovery.:slight_smile:

Hi Laura, I didn't have a craniotomy either but I get quite loud clicking in my head, very irritating, Jill xxxx

Thank you so much Marinelle. It is very helpful to me to hear from you.

Thank you Gill. I appreciate your feedback. I hope to hear from every one who has anything to say about this topic. Have a good day and take care.

Thank you Elke. I wish you all the best.

Hi!

I have not noticed the clicking noise in a long time. However, I had my aneurysm clipped 10 months ago, and I still have nerve and muscle pain around my incision site. I also massage my head and this sometimes helps alleviate the discomfort. I sometimes wonder if the screws aggravate the nerves which cause the pain. I sometimes wake up in the morning with half my head aching. I wonder if all of this will go away one day?

I find it interesting that when you massage your skull that you feel something (the bone flap?) shift into place. That's no fun to deal with. I hope you take care of yourself.

Hope you feel better :))

Melanie, thanks for sharing your experience and yes, it sounds creepy that my skull isn't securely in one piece.

Hi Jim. I did have to laugh - very funny. Thanks for the comment. Have a good day.