NEED to get awareness out there! help!

I'm in Ontario, Canada..not far from Toronto. If there are others here that know HOW I can start to bring awareness about aneurysms and that live close to me, please please please contact me and lets get the word out there! I'm interested in organizing walks, fundraisers etc. I have the time and the passion to do this!

Kristi,

You should contact Ginny Tocci, she is the Director of Development and Administration at The Brain Aneurysm Foundation. I'm sure she can point you in the right direction and help you get started. You can find her on the Main Page under Community Moderators.

Good luck!!!!

Linda

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much! I will do that!

Kristi

Good luck, Kristi. I was really surprised when I found this site about the misinformation I had. A very good friend of mine, who is also a doctor, told me a few things early on that really surprised me - like it normally happens in elderly people.

Even doctors are not aware of the statistics. However, there are studies being done on how far to go to diagnose people without symptoms. I think that is the big thing - should people have diagnostic MRA's who don't have symptoms. Many of us would say YES, but many doctors and others might say no. I liken this to when I was having severe bone pain during treatment for breast cancer. My regular doctor ordered a bone scan and my oncologist chided her for doing so because "it would open a can of worms" - meaning that they would probably find something on the scan, but probably not bone cancer.

Sherri