Need advice

HI all. My poor parents are trying to decide whether to go for an operation for my 78-year-old mother, who has been diagnosed with a cerebral aneuryism of 11mm. It would be a clipping procedure. She is healthy, and the doctor at Duke is willing to do if they choose. Does anyone have an idea what the chances are (ballpark) of that rupturing? That seems essential to helping with this decision. She has no obvious symptoms--they just happened to find it during an MRI after she complained of increasing forgetfulness. I would be grateful for advice from anyone who's undergone a similar diagnosis at a similar age. Thanks.

Hi Jawi! So sorry to hear what you and your family is having to go thru! Sounds like the doctor at Duke does feel as though this should be treated to mitigate against the risk of rupturing. And her chances of that rupturing is probably something that her doctors should be able help you with and please don't hesitate to ask your medical team each and every one of your concerns & questions you have to help with making this very important decision and please do keep us updated!

Thanks very much, Michele.

Best, John