My coiling

I am having my coiling done in NYC next week.Has anyone else had this done in NY

I had my coiling done 1 year ago November 30th...in Florida...Doreen you have my prayers...Fondly, and Healing thoughts your way....Colleen

Thank You for writing and for your prayers and thoughts.Can you tell me what it was like?,Doreen

Doreen I wrote my story today...go read it on the main page...coiling went well...I had complications due to me, but coiling went well...I had a bunch of headaches and swollen head for awhile...and I will not lie...it isn't the easiest journey...but lots of rest and as time goes by..."Life is good..."....Big Hugs Colleen

Hi, Doreen - I had my coiling/stent Oct 24 in Western MA. If you want to learn of others that have had it in NY - you can search members for that criteria. I did that to find someone who had also had surgery in my area for a recommendation.

Good luck, Doreen, and let us know how you do.

Sherri

Doreen,

I had mine in Nashville...but, my first neurosurgeon left Vandy to go to New York. I really liked him too. He discussed doing coiling and stent on me. I think he said something about Cornell.

Prayers for you and successful surgery!

Karen

Thanks Lynne - I’m wondering this too- is yours scheduled soon?

Hi Lynne...I think everyone is different...I wasn't a rester either...no choice...for me...but I think what one goes through another may not...you just have to put in your head (no pun intended) this is something you must go through and you will deal with what comes your way after the surgery...

I had my coiling and stent done in NYC in August 2010. My anerysm was found accidentally after a bout of vertigo which had nothing to do with the aneurysm. At the time I did not consider myself lucky but I do feel that way now. I had no symptoms before I was diagnosed and feel just the same today. Although the days between diagnosis and coiling/stent were some of the most difficult in my life, they helped me to really understand what's important in life and I try to keep those feeling forefront because it's easy to loose perspective when things are going well. The recovery was pretty easy but it is important to listen to your body and rest when you need it. Good luck to you. If theres any thing else you would like to know please let me know.

I completely think my body was given me the heads up! My neurosurgeon doesn’t think my headaches were related but I have no other explanation- thank god we are in tune and listening to our bodies! Did you get a date? Thinking of you! Happy thanksgiving;) thankful for what we have! Heather

I completely think my body was given me the heads up! My neurosurgeon doesn’t think my headaches were related but I have no other explanation- thank god we are in tune and listening to our bodies! Did you get a date? Thinking of you! Happy thanksgiving;) thankful for what we have! Heather

Hi Heather,My surgery is 11/28/11,ths Monday,feeling anxious but really want to put this behind me,Happy Thanksgiving,Love Doreen

Interesting idea. It almost seems that way for me. The vertigo happened only a hand full of times. Had I not been going back and forth to my doctor because we were debating putting me on medication for high blood pressure, I might not have mentioned it to him. But when I did he suggested MRA/MRI that led to my diagnosis.

I was under general anesthesia for the coiling/stent procedure. Good luck to you

Joanne