My anxiety is killing me

Tomorrow is my surgery and I have been up all night. I had take Tylenol and a nausea pill in the middle of the night. My stomach hurts this morning and my throat is tight. I had bowel restriction surgery and ai was less stressed. I’m sitting here crying because my emotions are all over the place. My sinuses are all clogged, so makes me feel like on Google coming out of my sinuses. 100% im not sick, I’m a mess.

Hi there…
You’re going to be great after this is over tomorrow. Stop thinking about all the bad things and start believing in yourself. You’ve got this!! Sounds like you could use some lorazepam, or some Buspar for your anxiety. I anxiety was off the chart after surgery and I’m on Buspar now. And lorazepam PRN. Before surgery I was never on anything. If you trust your doctors, then you should be telling them how you’re feeling. You’re not crazy, your subconscious is taking you over.
The headache after surgery unfortunately is very painful, but the meds they give you should calm it down a little. You’re going to make it through this like the CHAMP YOU ARE. We all love you! I’m telling you, YOU GOT THIS, :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::bangbang::heart: & :pray:t2: for your fast recovery! Find some meditation music and rest. It helped me a lot for months!

1 Like

Kassi,

People who haven’t experienced this find it hard to comprehend how all-consuming this diagnosis can be. I would give your doctor’s office a call today and see if they can prescribe a few tablets for you to take between now and your admission time for tomorrow’s surgery. Xanax could be a possibility for situational anxiety, so you may wish to ask about that in particular.

We are standing in the waiting gap with you.
We are supporting you.
We are cheering for you.

I expect you feel confident you are in good hands with your surgeon. You’ve done your job by educating yourself and scheduling the surgery. Very soon the experts will take over and at that point you won’t be aware of your anxiety.

If you can’t get an Rx called in today, you can mention it to whoever checks you in tomorrow and perhaps they can give you an anxiety relief tablet before you even meet with the anesthesiologist and have an IV line put in.

Much love and prayers,
Your friends at BAFS

1 Like

I know tomorrow is the big day. Please remember you have an invisible army behind you, and we’re all waiting to hear about your success. As often as possible close your eyes and take deep breaths, exhaling more slowly than your inhale, and begin to visualize yourself back home in the comfort of your own bed, recovering with the help of friends and family. You are strong, you are ready, and you are capable of getting to the other side of this. Don’t doubt yourself or your decisions, just move confidently in the only direction you can…forward.

Best of luck tomorrow and always. You can do this!!!

1 Like

Thank you, all. I would love to relax but people around me are making it hard. The cat is even being a problem.
I have Xanax. Can I take that if I am having surgery?
A few days knocked out in the hospital may be good for me

Contact your doctor about taking any medication before your procedure. If you’ve already taken it, make sure to tell the anesthesiologist so they can adjust their cocktail if needed. As everyone has said, go in strong, believe in yourself and your surgeon, remember to breathe. You got this girl!

1 Like

Kassi, just checking in to see how you’re doing now that your procedure is over. Please let us know

Abbycat, Sorry this message is so late. I just received it! Positive thoughts for a smooth recovery. It’s a wonderful time of year! Have faith that the medical professionals have your best interest at heart. I am sure they will do whatever it takes to see you through this! You have a whole new support group here! I for one am here wishing you only the BEST and all the STRENTGH to SOAR! be well! Goldmountain

Hello all,
I am getting ready to go home. I feel pretty well. A few headaches and impatience but I am always impatient, :joy:
I get irritated that people think they know more about my not than I do. I appreciate the help, I reall do, but don’t need people telling me what to do and how to do it. I’m a 53 year old woman, I think I can figure it out! Sigh