MRIs & Get a Card When You Get Your PED

That's because only in small circles is it known as the PED. After the radiology imaging place I went to denied my MRI until they heard from Hopkins about it, the lady who told me they had to cancel it said, "You never said Pipeline Embolization Device, you said PED." Although I really think she did that to cover her own ass. lol Just like my neurologist does NOT understand that I still have an aneurysm and that it's slowly shrinking. He keeps saying, "it's not an issue anymore, you were coiled!"

I am taking issue with neurologists..I want to know what it is that they do. I think my ortho knows more and my GP and my Gyneo..lol.They want to stick needles in you that hurt like hell and then tell you yeap..nothing.

I hear ya. I have to give mine credit -- he DID find the aneurysm. He didn't notify me that he found it until I was on my 10th day at Hopkins, but he did find it. I'm seeking a new one in November. Will let you know how it goes. She's young and has only been in practice for 6 years and even my cardiologist says she's thorough and passionate about finding out what's going on. She's also married to an ophthalmologist, so I figure, hey maybe they'll talk and figure it all out. lol

I have one of these cards as well. It's in my wallet, in the same sleeve as the card I was given for my Mirena IUD. The Dr's PA gave me the card at discharge and told me to make sure I carry it with me always; it has the information about the PED necessary to other dr's.

Didn't receive a card from John Hopkins.

Lucy, My doctor didnt give me one until after I called and had my 3 month check up.He said the PED is compatible with all MRI machines. I dont carry mine..as a matter of fact I was cleaning and threw away every paper regarding my procedure and aneurysm. I have my CD and my card. As far as I am concerned the "B" is gone. lol.

You are so lucky that it is gone!!!!!!!!!!

I had my PED done at the University of Virginia and I was given two cards. I was given a Pipelin card that provided a device serial number. I was also provided with an Angio Seal card that provides the location of the device. I amsupposed to carry this card for 90 days after the procedure.