MRI/MRA reading tonorriw

I finally had my testing done and go in for results tomorrow afternoon. I’m anxious more than scared, because I just want to know what is going on, and if it is in fact an aneurysm of some sort. Reading your experiences and advice on this site has truly been a God send; however it seems that the majority of you have survived ruptures rather than symptomatic unruptured aneurysms.

I would love to hear some advice and/or experiences with unruptured symptoms, and suggestions for what I should be prepared to ask my neurologist. I will be honest, I’m not totally confident in his experience with this but he was the first one I could get an appointment with within the practice–he specializes in epilepsy.

I was originally diagnosed with Bells Palsy due to facial paralysis, which responded to steroid treatment. However, I have had pain throughout, light and sound sensitivity that causes increased pain and uncontrolled twitching, just to name a few of my primary symptoms. I pray that it isn’t an aneurysm, but I don’t want to miss the opportunity that this may be to find it if it is.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Sorry about the typos…the site shows up odd on my phone, and I do not know how to edit my post.

MarylandBell, there are quite a few members who have unruptured aneurysms. Having a partner with Bells Palsy, I can suggest you not stress. Stress is not good for an aneurysm nor is it beneficial to Bells Palsy. I would probably wait and see what the neurologist has to say about the test results. I had both a rupture and an unruptured aneurysm. The unruptured was found because of headaches I was still having. Don’t know the symptoms, since I ruptured first. Many times there are no symptoms with an unruptured aneurysm. I’ve read that over and over again. If you question your Neurologist’s experience, ask him. I asked mine and guess what - he is experienced! He also works closely with the hospital my Neurosurgeon is at, and that wasn’t even on his web site. Sounds like your Neurologist has partners that he can consult with as needed.

I would make a list of concerns, ask about the symptoms you are experiencing, write them down so you don’t forget. ALot of those symptoms may be from the Bell’s Palsy. If it is an aneurysm, ask what’s next? You may be put on wait and watch, or any number of other things can be suggested. Without knowing, it’s futile to get worked up about it, so remember to breathe!

Good luck and let us know how you fared.

Thanks Moltrub. I’ve actually stayed pretty even tempered through it all, I’m just ready to stop having pain and resume my life as I knew it on February 8.

I appreciate your encouraging words. :slight_smile: