Memory help

Hello, My Husband had his first aneurysm clipping done 24 years ago, and a second 4 years ago. The second surgery was very close to the first and very difficult. The first year was really rough...and he is much better now. However he still has many memory problems. I am wondering if any of you know of games for the DS..(hand held devise).for stimulating. The Doctor reccomended a Computer site called Lumosity, but the computer is still too confusing for him. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Loi

There are some called brain training for the ds which should help ur husband, different ones as far as i can remember

hope this helps him

sandra

hi lois- i like the luminosity ones but some are hard but thats good-therapists were always challenging me having me do impossible tasks-like walking w glass of water in left hand-then walking up steps passing glass of water to therapist etc etc-i think the same applies to mental functions-i have trouble w luminosity because i can't see out of my left side so i miss a lot . One exercise for memory was good-like a game where you are a server at a beach bar-a lady comes & says hi im tina i would like an iced tea-then a man hi im frank etc etc you then have to serve them the correct order by recall & if you remember their name you get a "tip"lol which add on to your point total! it was really fun maybe you could work the computer for him-good luck oh ps im on day 5 & so far its free buy im sure that will change-ty for posting-i am very interested-Bless you & yours!

Ah...Lois I wish I could be of help...I donot know the site Lumosity...

lol-i been spelling site wrong-you are correct-its lumosity

Hi Lois,

I use Brain Age2 on my DS2. I like it a lot especially since it tracks your progress so that you can see how you are progressing and you can also see the impact of fatigue or stress.

May God be with you and your husband as he works to fully recover.

Carole

Lori,

Please google PositScience...I have done it as well as Lumosity...

I also use craniosacral therapy and activator (light touch) chiropractic care...and acupuncture....including it to reduce tinnitus. Also used vision therapy and then, at PositScience, their Brain Fitness which is really geared at (memory lapsing for right words) re-paving around the auditory nerve... The miracle of it was that I took it for memory...and, was overwhelmingly surprised when, thru the process, the tinnitus dropped so low that I no longer needed acupuncture monthly to reduce it (continue acupuncture for other reasons). The Brain Fitness results remarkably helped with having some "clear" time...from minutes to hours of clarity...I have hearing loss in both ears from the luxury of the minimally invasive coiling process. PositScience has some excellent games / tests...even including one for driver reactions....and, that is such a public safety issue, not just our personal safety.

However, over time, the past couple of years, I have had extreme hearing issues in my right ear only....yet, it was only the left that had tinnitus initially.

Lori, I have only my personal experiences to share...no expertise.

Best wishees and prayers for his advancing recovery...

Pat