MayoClinic Brain Slide Show

Mayo Clinic has a slide show ...think 8 slides... that gives an overview of our brain...

go to: www.mayoclinic.com/health/brain/BN00033

Hope this will help in understanding our similarities and differences in symptoms, the

treatment needed / required, based on the location of aneurysms.

Different cerebral arteries are a major supplier of different lobes; the branches and other

arteries supply these lobes / areas as well...

When I come across a basic on the major arteries, I will send it.

The BAF site shows the circle of Willis...reflecting the major arteries and their connection.

It took me so long to even be able to imagine / visualize the connection of these arteries to

the brain sections.

Pat P.S. hope I got the site typed correctly...

Becky...

Thank you so much...I have similar...w/o basic terminology at the locations i.e. emotional memory, muscle control, etc...my lists of functions are separate...and I am so slow comprehending it is great for me to have a picture that is worth a thousand words coupled with a picture may not tell the full story ... for me to begin to understand...

One on cerebral arteries of which the vertebral section is now under revision is:

www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/meded/Neuro/neurovasc/navigation/mca.htm

If needed, type middle cerebral artery in search and select the one that shows meddean...Once in that site, can go thru their artery list to see others...except the vertebral portion now. There are lots of other sites on cerebral arteries; this one was easier for me to begin to understand connections....which artery to which lobe, etc.

Becky, sorry I cannot do the attachments...I don't call my tech as he's done so much else in helping re-train me... at no charge so am very careful to not call too much.

Thanks for your attachments...so hope these all may help others...

Pat