Matted Blood in Hair - HELP!

Anyone have any ideas on how to get some of this matted blood/material I’ve got between my staples? The staples ostensibly come out next week but this is grooosss. Blech. I know I can’t scrub hard, soak my head or use a strong water spray on the incision site and I can’t think of anything else that will help without somehow damaging the staples or causing new bleeding. I guess I should be grateful that’s the largest annoyance I’ve experienced since coming home from crainiotomy on Monday, no? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks much. --Jen

I am not saying that this is the correct response however if it were me I would leave my incision alone. I know it is gross but the days will go by fast. They probably gave you instructions on washing your hair and quite honestly anything other than those discharge instructions I would not do. You will blink your eyes and it will be next week. Time passes quickly. Take care.

Hey Jen, Glad to hear things are going well. I would just leave it alone. That should be the least of your concerns. You have to work on getting well. It will all be in the past soon. Take care and go slow.
Tom

Jen~~Hi there. Glad you you are doing well. I have some blood on my hair too. I would leave it along,just wash it and wait till removal time, you go girl. I’m 3 behind you getting mine out. Weak a little on my right, but working it out,
God Bless

Jennifer, Glad to hear you’re home and to see you are already on the site! As everyone else wrote…leave the incision alone! Don’t you remember as a kid when your mom would tell you not to scratch or pick at you cuts and scabs? Smile, Smile…Before you know it the staples will be out and the incision healed. Take care, Barbara

See, I knew these would be the responses - but me being me I had to try! As one person mentioned, my mother has already chastised me about picking. Grrrr!! Actually, I’m very grateful this is my biggest issue thus far. God knows I could have much more problems to wrestle with. We got a med regimen that seems to work - a combo of low dose Norco and Klonopin. I can handle the pain well but when I combine pain with panic it gets really bad. Today is the first day I’m using the two and it’s significantly better. My team came to realize that after the anesthesia began to wear off in bulk my brain was actually too active and was causing the anxiety and panic which was a killer combo.

Glad to see you’re doing so well and being able to post on the site!! I would leave well enough alone as well. With all things considered…yup, this should be the least of your worries. :wink:
I like what Tom said, take care and go SLOW. Wishing you continued health and recovery.

Jennifer, Glad you are home and doing well…my friend from this board came to see your Mom before your surgery. I don’t think she knew at the time it was postponed, as I see in your other post…I thought it was so nice of her to talk with your Mom before your surgery and hope she was some comfort to her. Stay well…Kim