Loss of a Mom

Well, my mom had her first brain bleed 10 years ago, I was 15. Luckily it was just a small bleed and the doctors were able to repair it. She came out of surgery just great, and lived a wonderful 10 more years, always joking about having a “blow out” in her head. She always had pains in her neck, and slight headaches. However the last week in September 2010 she was having massive headaches again, just like the ones before. My dad took her to the emergency room, they did a spinal tap and an MRI, they all came back clean. She was sent home. Later that week, another headache occured, again she went into the doctors, this time they wanted her to see a cario doctor. She had a CT angiogram done, nothing showed on her brain, however a small blockage in the right side of her neck showed, but the cardio doctor didnt believe that was causing her headaches, so he did not want to due the surgery until we got those headaches stopped, this happend on Friday October 1st. Sunday morning October 3rd, 2010, my mom had another massive headache, she knew it wasnt right and knew she needed to go into the ER. My dad, who has an artificial leg, jumped out of bed and put his leg on, took maybe 2 mins. By the time he got back into the bedroom, my mom was still in alot of pain, and said she was going to wet the bed. Thats when my dad called 911, they first responders showed up and got her to the ER in Idaho Falls, ID. At around 1:00 AM with my brother, dad, husband and sister-in-law there, we were told that the bleed was to massive to repair, that she was going to die. After that, I really dont remember much. The nerologist told my dad that he could save her but she would be a vegatable for the rest of her life, and we all knew my mom would not have wanted that. The rest of my family arrived, and my mom’s brothers, sisters and parents arrived to say their goodbyes. As we said our goodbyes, tears came out of my moms eyes, (she was unconsious) as if to say goodbye to us as well. We removed her from life support at 11:00AM on October 3rd,2010 and she passed away at 6:30PM that evening. My mom was only 59 years old. She left behind a husband of 42 years, 3 daughters ages 41, 33 and 25, 1 son age 32, and 11 Grandchildren rangeing from ages 10-17. The sudden loss of my mom has been very hard to deal with. I seem very lost without her. For those of you suffering from MAJOR headaches that just dont seem right, stay at the hospital until they acctually figure out what is going on, because the bleeds do not always show themselves until its to late…

I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Amanda,
I am so very sorry.I will be praying for you and your family. Here is a big hug for you.

I can’t begin to imagine your pain. I am so truly sorry and sad to hear of the loss of your mom - your family is in my prayers. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Amanda,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a year and a half ago (two strokes) and it is not something you get over. It must be especially hard knowing something should have been done for her with her symptoms. My heart goes out to you and your family.

~Wendy

Thank you everyone for your prayers. It is the hardest thing ever. I’m 25 years old and just got married this summer. My children will never know there grandma. I am just thankful that my husband and I decided to get married in June rather than wait until next summer like we were going to

your story is heartwrenching and i will keep your family in my prayers…im so sorry to hear her life couldve been saved had they looked a lil deeper…love n prayers coming your way…God bless