I will never look at 1% the same

10/26/11 was the day my Mom went in for a coiling procedure. We all had high hopes and never thought that anything bad would happen. I had to leave my Dad & sister in the waiting room to pick up my son from school and waited until the last possible minute to leave. 15 minutes after leaving I received a phonecall from my sister, hysterical, saying Moms not going to make it! I started shaking & told her I would be there as soon as I picked my son up from school. After returning to the hospital we were taken into a room wher my Dad & sister were. This was the first time I had EVER seen my Dad cry. They took us into my Moms room and there she was hooked up to machines, waiting for the rest of the family to come say good bye. The whole evening was very unreal to us. We kept repeating “this wasn’t suppose to happen!”. My Mom & Dad were soulmates & we were just beyond devastated. We left the hospital that night & our lives were forever changed. Th Dr. told us that the aneurism ruptured(burst) & Mom was instantly brain dead. It has been 11 days since Moms sudden passing & we are all lost without Mom. I will be looking for her when I go to the house & Dad will ask me what I’m looking for & it will hit me, moms not here! I don’t know what else to say.

Jamie,

My heart is breaking for you and your family... I'm so very sorry that happened..

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..

Sending you all much love and hugs...

Oh my Jaime, I’m so sorry for your loss. My mom passed away recently rather suddenly so I know exactly what you’re going through. Your story made me cry, I think about mom all day every day and feel so bad for my dad. It hasn’t gotten much easier yet, guess it will take quite some time to adjust. I really feel for you and your family. Mitch (Michelle)

Jaime,

I am so sorry for your loss. We all hear the statistics and never really think we will become one. If you need someone to talk to, you are more than welcome here to talk and vent. You and your family are in my prayers - I know it will be hard for a long time.

Sherri

Jamie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you find comfort and strength from the BAF family. My prayers for your family.

Karen

Again ... Welcome to BAF sweetie....!

...You have my prayers...along with your Dad...and family...the sudden loss has to be awful...

I hurt for all of you...God Bless...Colleen

oh hunny im so sorry for your loss, it sounds like your mother was very much n still is loved. it is heart wrenching when we lose those closest to our hearts n very much hits home as some of us were by the grace of God walked out alive. my children were 20 n 15 when i had a ruptured anny n it has changed our lives forever. i pray for your family that God helps you to find peace one day soon. also to help others learn thru awareness that anuerysms can be a silent killer…hopefully we can all work together to help save a life…im very sorry for yalls loss…do the drs know wat happened to where they were not able to help her even after the rupture? im sorry if the ??? is too personal, id just want to make sure they exhausted every effort to help this wonderful lady…prayers goin up for yall…love n prayers…my heart goes out to each n evetyone of u…xoxo

Thank you. They went in through her leg up to her head, the aneurism was at the base of her brain, right where 1 blood vessel branched out into 3 is where her aneurism was. The Dr’s tried to drill a hole to releive the pressure but the pressure was so great that there was nothing they could do. I am in the anger stage of grief mixed with sheer disbelief right now. I just cannot beleive this happened. Words can’t describe how I feel:(

Jamie-I am so very sorry for the devastating loss of your mother. You all have a rough road ahead, and I will pray for strength for you and your family. I just don’t even know what to say…except how sorry I am for what you are going through. My father was so lost without my mother after she passed, it is so hard for those of us left behind to go through and watch our other parent without their other half…Sending (((hugs))) and prayers your way.

With deepest Symphathy for you and yours at this very sad time, hoping that the pain shall get easier and the fond memories ease the grief.

Best Wishes

Gaynor

Jaime,

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your beloved mother and the grief you and your family are experiencing at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time of need.

You will find here, the BAF Family, to be the best support outside of your immediate family and friends. Everyone here at BAF, whether a caretaker or a survivor, will be your shoulder to cry on, your ear to talk off or anything else you need us to be.

Condolences on your loss and prayers your way,

Linda

oh babygurl...that is just awful..it seems like they did what they could, but it doesnt make the hurt any easier...my heart goes out to you...please make sure you n your siblings get screened because for some reason drs have told me it is genetic...just to be safe...praying God watches over you all to give u comfort n stay well

She was only 57 years old. The positive side to all this,if you can call it that, is Mom was an organ donor. They were able to use her lungs,liver,kidneys,leg bones,arm bones & skin. Mom was a CMA & always helped anyone she possibly could. Even in death Mom continues to help people.

Dear Jaime,

I am so sorry for your loss . I cannot imagine what you are going through. My heart aches for you and your family.

Jamie, oh honey, I am so sorry about your mother. I will be praying for you and your family. The road ahead will be hard and bumby, and some days your wonder what the hell happen here. But, there will be other days that you will feel better and your daddy will too. I lost my dad 8 years ago and I still miss him but, I know he is in a better place because he was so sick. My heart hurst for you and I do not know what else to say to you except I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Amy

that is wonderful to hear n is awesome that so many people will be able to have life thru this tragedy…what an unselfish act n we should all learn from her gesture…God bless sweety

Sounds like your mother was truly an angel and you should be proud of what she did in her life and now in her death. She sounds like she was truly a wonderful woman. God Bless you and your family at this time.

Linda

How would a person know if the surgeon did something wrong?

i am not so sure, but from what ur saying were the circumstances w/the rupture in some cases it unfortunately happens…its like a small percentile that are able to survive a rupture…

I am so sorry for your lost. You and your family will be in my prayers. I will be having coiling also on December.