Just had PED surgery on 2/29/12

I began having seizures in the summer of 2011. After having many tests done, a small berry aneurysm was found on my internal right carotid artery. Upon further examination, my doctor said he could not tell if my annie was located in the cavernous sinus or if it was actually in my brain. After carefully weighing my options, Dr. Moran at Barnes-Jewish hospital in St. Louis did my Pipeline Embolization Device procedure on 2/29/12 and so far so good! First of all, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Moran and his team. I have no bruising at the femoral artery site like I did when I had my arteriogram done by another doctor in another state. My leg/groin area feels great and I'm having no trouble at all with walking like I did after the arteriogram. My PED surgery took about 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours total; I spent 1 night in the CCU; and was released the very next day. I had slight blurry vision in my right eye for about one day and slight headache, but no other major side effects. I am so happy I decided to have this procedure done as I was told after my surgery that my annie WAS located in the subarachnoid area of my brain. If it had ruptured, there was a 50% chance of death immediately. I know in my heart I chose the right procedure for my circumstances and am ready to get back to my normal life! I go back in 6 months for a follow-up arteriogram to check on the progress of the PED. I have high hopes my aneurysm will be completely gone by that time. If anyone has questions about this procedure, please feel free to contact me.

Hi Rachel and welcome to BAF!

Congrats on your successful PED surgery. I had mine done on June 8, 2011 for a 9mm annie on the ICA@ the ophthalmic artery. 1 night in ICU and home the next day. At my 6 month angio, my annie was completely occluded! I am so grateful for the PED and to my doctors as well.

We have a PED group, called Pipeline Embolization Device (PED) where we have several members who have had the PED and a few who are awaiting their surgeries. We welcome you to join and share your experiences with the Group!

Please remember that you just had brain surgery and that you need to rest rest rest! It is very important, despite how wonderful you are feeling.
Again, congrats on the successful surgery and welcome to BAF.
Linda

HI Rachel...so glad you are doing well from your PED surgery...Rest and continue to heal...

Cyber~continued healing thoughts your way...Colleen

Hi Rachel a very warm wellcome to BAF and to the PED recipients.
I’m one of the oldest PED recipient in the BAf community, I get the PED on january, 2010 in Italy.
My rupture was on february, 2009, and now also my annie seems to be’ fully occlude d.
I wait you join us in the PED Group.
Take care of you, giovanni

Hi Rachel,

This is such great news!

Thanks be to God!

Carole