Just dx with aneurysm 2mm on MCA right side of brain

need advice, thanx

Hello Heidi,

Liam gave some excellent advice , arm yourself to the hilt with information. ask questions, get another opinion if you're not satisfied with what the doctor says, be pro-active . None of this is easy, I know. How was your aneurysm discovered? Was this an incidental find? Peace to you as you wander thru this journey, Janet

hi Heidi! good for you on forum!! those are excellent replies, and this is how we learn from each other! Have the drs given any advice? like no smoking, straining etc etc? I think you are doing well on the internet gathering info etc etc, hang in there we are here 24/7 for you!~~

Hi Heidi...First things first...You need to see a Neurosurgeon...and know what your first steps of this journey entail...~ Colleen

Welcome. Your annie is very small and in the same location as mine. I have 2 or 3 each about 3mm in size on the right and left MCA. I had a CTA, MRA, angiogram and have had follow up testing after 6 and 12 months. The only treatment is clipping and I opted not to have the surgery because 2 docs told me there's very little chance of rupture. I admit it was unnerving for some time but most of us in the "watch and wait" club learn to just accept it and live with it. The docs keep an eye on them and if need be, can operate. I don't even need testing for another 2 years. I'm sure if they stay the same in size, they'll spread out the testing to every 5 years. I hope you have a good doc you trust, and don't hesitate to get a 2nd opinion. It really helped me relax. Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing.

Hey there and WELCOME...I have just CELEBRATED my 2 YEAR Coiling of my MCA 9mm Aneurysm. It was the lesser of invasion methods of treatment. I was having periods of leakage which led to my diagnoses along with a Vascular Disease called FIBROMUSCULAR DYSPLASIA. I have cerebral, carotid and Renal artery involvement. I am very thankful for my AWESOME team of Doctors at UVa. I would choose coiling again if ever faced with another Aneurysm and was fortunate enough to have that choice. There's pros and cons to both and your personal choice when given. Some are not so BLESSED to be given that choice. Will be praying for you. Sincerely Robin