Johns Hopkins Baltimore Support Group Meeting - February 23, 2023

Thursday, February 23rd from 4:30 - 6:00pm

Please let me know if you plan to attend this meeting. Our new conference room is in Pavilion III, on the 3rd floor. When you exit the elevator, turn right and then immediately left.

Walk past the OR to the snack room on the right with vending machines. The conference room is tucked just behind that area.

Buildings and Amenities | Johns Hopkins Green Spring Station (hopkinsmedicine.org)

Finally, please notify me if you no longer wish to receive these emails.

Take care everyone. I hope to see you soon.

Thank you,

Terry

Teresa Tamargo, MSN, RN

Group Facilitator
JH/Baltimore Support Group
The Brain Aneurysm Foundation

1 Like

I wish I could attend! We need more brain aneurysm support and education here in South Carolina.

Unfortunately, the BAF doesnā€™t have one in SC nor in NC; however, The Joe Niekro Foundation has a support group in Charleston and three in NC if they might be close enoughā€¦Support Group Locations | Joe Niekro Foundation

NC has this Brain Aneurysm & AVM Support Group, WakeMed Health & Hospitals, Raleigh & Wake County, NC

But in doing a Google search, I found this with the BAF and not on their website South Carolina Brain Aneurysm Support Group - Brain Aneurysm Foundation. You might have to contact the wonderful ladies at the BAF to see if itā€™s still active.

Thereā€™s probably more out there, I canā€™t imagine Duke not having one if theyā€™re close enough to you. Good luck finding one in your area!

1 Like

Thank you for doing all this wonderful detective research for me! I will certainly check it out.
ps. Have you come across anyone who had to find out the manufacturer and type of clips used in their craniotomy?
I have to have an MRI of my cervical spine and thought that I should mention my clipping.:flushed:
Before the MRI appointment was made.
I am in contact with my surgeons to get the procedure nod on the clips.

Evidently, there are some clips and MRI devices that do not work well together. Like all of them?! :magnet:

Seems this has been an issue since at least 2013, some get a card and others do not. I just looked using the magnifying glass with the words clipping and card. For my Neuroform Atlas stent, Dr. Quintero-Wolfe personally handed me mine with directions to keep it on me at all times. I would think your surgeon should have filled out a card and given it to you. My card has the date of install, manufacturer and device name and code and the MRI strength that can be used. I remember laughing about it and telling her I now have a VIN number just in case of recallsšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Good morning! Thank you for sharing this very important information. I am not sure why I didnā€™t receive a card with all of the important information on it post surgery. Maybe they did give one to me and I just donā€™t remember.:wink:
I like your sense of humor about having a Vin number!

1 Like

When you contact your surgeonā€™s office ask about the card as well. I think the manufacturer puts the card in with the device, but Iā€™m not sure.

Hi - Iā€™d love to attend this meeting. Iā€™m 4 weeks weeks fromy surgery date at Johnā€™s Hopkins today. How often does this support group meet? Is it monthly or quarterly?
Thanks!

Contact your surgeonā€™s office and ask how to reach Ms, Tamagro, at least thatā€™s where Iā€™d startā€¦good luck!

Good evening!
I have sent several responses that keep coming back as ā€œundeliverableā€.
Thanks to your heads up on the clip card, I have one coming via mail from my surgeons.

How extremely important to have such a life saving document on you when you leave the hospital!
Thereā€™s a Medical alert bracket that looks like a Fitbit that I am going to order to have my clip info on. I wrong always have my wallet on me.

So grateful for this blessed place to share such important information and support each other!:heart:

Who are you sending messages to? Sometimes people have to change their email address, or the person no longer works for the entity, or the email address is incorrect. If itā€™s a problem sending a PM here, we could ask @ModSupport to look into it.

Good morning! I discovered what the problem was with my responses being returned. SomehowšŸ˜I wrote my response on my email instead here.
I want to commend you on your always kind, supportive and informative responses to us all. Your presence is not only informative but also a comfort.:heart:

1 Like