It feels like you are just waiting for something to happen

Thanks to all of you that have replied to my post I am now living with more confidence and a deeper faith. I just wanted to take the time to tell everyone thank you for your encouraging words and the support. I have started living again and throwing all doubt out of my mind. I will no longer be consumed by negative thoughts! GOD has taken over!!! Hooray

Thomasina Tijerina said:

Karen,

You are so right. Planning and future are an illusions we humans like to keep, but we never know what the next minute, hour or day will bring us! Stay positive and happy! If for no other reason, it makes you feel better!

Thomasina

Karen Lewis said:
I have had one rupture and had it coiled in Aug 2009. They went through my lower artery. I have another potential which is very small and they tell me it is best to be left alone. You could be killed in a car accident, etc., etc. any day. So I have decided to go the root of being glad, happy and thankful for every moment. I’ve made a choice to wake up, be grateful that I am waking up and have a day ahead of me. I try hard to watch my weight, excercise and try to give back as much as I can on a daily basis. The rest is in God’s hands as it as always been.

Charlotte,

It is so nice to read that you are now in a positive place! I believe that your continued FAITH will keep your spirits lifted and when you are down, (which we all are at some point) it won’t last nearly as long! When, or if, you feel down, don’t hesitate to seek some comfort here. We’ve all been there and, from what I can tell, are all positively surviving and willing to lift a fellow survivors spirits when needed! Thanks for sharing that you’re in a better place!

Happy March Monday!
Thomasina

charlotte reagan said:

Thanks to all of you that have replied to my post I am now living with more confidence and a deeper faith. I just wanted to take the time to tell everyone thank you for your encouraging words and the support. I have started living again and throwing all doubt out of my mind. I will no longer be consumed by negative thoughts! GOD has taken over!!! Hooray

Thomasina Tijerina said:
Karen,

You are so right. Planning and future are an illusions we humans like to keep, but we never know what the next minute, hour or day will bring us! Stay positive and happy! If for no other reason, it makes you feel better!

Thomasina

Karen Lewis said:
I have had one rupture and had it coiled in Aug 2009. They went through my lower artery. I have another potential which is very small and they tell me it is best to be left alone. You could be killed in a car accident, etc., etc. any day. So I have decided to go the root of being glad, happy and thankful for every moment. I’ve made a choice to wake up, be grateful that I am waking up and have a day ahead of me. I try hard to watch my weight, excercise and try to give back as much as I can on a daily basis. The rest is in God’s hands as it as always been.

Thanks again Thomasina! I will continue to come here for support. The weather is going to be getting warmer soon and I have to have a positive outlook for my little queens. They love being outside, so I have to have energy and the spirit to let them see that mommy is not sick anymore. (It’ll just be my little secret) They have been my strongest supporters and they are only four.

Thomasina Tijerina said:

Charlotte,

It is so nice to read that you are now in a positive place! I believe that your continued FAITH will keep your spirits lifted and when you are down, (which we all are at some point) it won’t last nearly as long! When, or if, you feel down, don’t hesitate to seek some comfort here. We’ve all been there and, from what I can tell, are all positively surviving and willing to lift a fellow survivors spirits when needed! Thanks for sharing that you’re in a better place!

Happy March Monday!
Thomasina

charlotte reagan said:

Thomasina Tijerina said:
Karen,

Thomasina

Karen Lewis said:

Hi Charlotte…
Stay positive!!!I had one coiled and am living with a small one too.It is in a place where ruprure rate is low…the para clinoid sinus area…a little cave like spot in the brain near the optic nerve…So I had a 5-6 mm one coiled on the left, same area, and will watch the one on the right…Due for a scan or brain angiogram in October.My stent and coil were done 10/30/07…Life is good…I can do anything but no heavy lifting over 50#…Enjoy every day!1Dont let this consume you…it probably will not be the demise of so many of us…something else will…It took me a long time to get to where I am emotionally and I look back at the months and years that I stressed myself with fear…And I am still here’’’.Maryann

Hi Charlotte,

I was diagnosed with 3 aneurysms in 1999 and they were monitored until 2005, when they were clipped. Living with aneurysms takes some adjustment. My first stop after diagnosis was my naturopath, who prescribed a vascular supplement I take to this day (fantastic for fingernails, so I’ve always believed it worked the same on my veins!). Because they were “constant” companions, I named them Larry, Moe & Curly, and they were sort of my conscience when it came to fitness. Sure, for a while whenever I got a sudden headache, I thought it might be the Big One, but with time that abated and I actually stopped thinking about them. In 2004 I went through a tremendous period of unprecedented stress (including coming home from a trip to what we thought was a dead human trapped in my pantry :-/), which I credit with the growth that pushed me to “intervention size” (7 mm). The surgery was successful and I knew afterwards why the docs chose to wait as long as possible before they cracked my head open. It’s a not a surgery anyone undergoes lightly! :slight_smile:

So many people have commented to me about how stressful it must have been to live with time bombs for so long. I did as much as I could do de-fuse them with exercise, supplements, and lifestyle…and refused to let them run my life. After my surgery, I came to think of myself as lucky to know about them. You see, if you know…you can plan a custom tailored recovery. In my case, I KNOW that made a huge difference!

The alternative, experienced by most of my annie-friends, is a surprise event. Sounds like you’ve had a taste. Zero to 60. You and your family go from happy ignorance to the waiting room of a regional hospital where a loved one has been flown for emergency surgery and you are trying to look up aneurysm, but don’t know how to spell it. Not that anyone gets to choose, but think I’d still choose knowing over not. I hate surprises.

So, as corny as it sounds, try and consider yourself fortunate. Expect that sooner or later something might have to be done, and figure out the most decadent, pampered recovery your lifestyle will accommodate! If living well is the best revenge, being able to plan for your recovery is a close second.

Well hello all, I went for my 1st 6 month mra and they have found that the coils that they placed have now compacted and there seems to be a new berry forming at the other end. I am terrified to let them go in again so soon. I will have an angio on Friday May 14. As far as the second one that I have it has shown no growth. (great news!) I have been back at work and it is the stress time of the year and I am just not up for it right now. I try to look beyond the fact that I am not as sharpe as I was before all of this happend. My family, friends and coworkers are very supportive but I still can tell the difference. This is my 7th month and I thought I was well on my way past this, but I now know different. I think that this is alot harder to overcome than I thought. I thought I was going to get a glowing report and could return back to my normal lifestyle instead I am feeling very depressed and afraid. I just needed to come and let this off of my chest somewhere people know how I am feeling and probably have been there themselves. Thank you for just letting me vent for a minute!

Charlotte
I know how you are feeling. I have been there. I was coiled and my six month follow-up MRA was fine so I was relieved until three weeks later when my angio told a different story. Where you go from here depends on your situation. In some cases they add more coils others need clips. Additional coils were not an option for me so I had a craniotomy which revealed a second aneurysm that I/we did not know about. It will be three years on the 23rd of this month. I know how difficult it is for you. You try to go to sleep at night and wonder if you will be here tomorrow. Waiting is probably the worst part. My angio was 02/01 and my surgery was not until 05/23. They all tell you to relax but they are not walking in your shoes. Take one day at a time. If you can somehow find a way to remain calm, you will keep your blood pressure down and that is always a good thing. Good luck tomorrow.

Ahhhhh, virtual hug!! Don’t worry. I’ve been through that disappointment of finding out that the procedure needs to be done again. The coils do compact. I’ll have my third procedure sometime this year. Mine have compacted again. I, too, thought that fix was done and that was that only to find out the fix WAS done, but that’s not always the end. My annie grew a ‘muffin top’ beneath the coiled area and above the normal part of the vessel. After my initial disappointment, I decided to think that the muffin is better there where it cannot be seen versus around my waist! Vain - I know, but I gotta find a way to think positive in bad situations!

Stay strong and positive. Here’s another virtual hug! I wish I could tell you a joke, but that’s very subjective. I could say the wrong thing and defeat the purpose. So, since I can’t make you laugh - maybe you can think of something that will make you laugh and smile. This, too, shall pass.

Have a happy day - despite all challenges!

Thomasina

charlotte reagan said:

Well hello all, I went for my 1st 6 month mra and they have found that the coils that they placed have now compacted and there seems to be a new berry forming at the other end. I am terrified to let them go in again so soon. I will have an angio on Friday May 14. As far as the second one that I have it has shown no growth. (great news!) I have been back at work and it is the stress time of the year and I am just not up for it right now. I try to look beyond the fact that I am not as sharpe as I was before all of this happend. My family, friends and coworkers are very supportive but I still can tell the difference. This is my 7th month and I thought I was well on my way past this, but I now know different. I think that this is alot harder to overcome than I thought. I thought I was going to get a glowing report and could return back to my normal lifestyle instead I am feeling very depressed and afraid. I just needed to come and let this off of my chest somewhere people know how I am feeling and probably have been there themselves. Thank you for just letting me vent for a minute!

Well the procedure went well and thank you for responding. They have now scheduled me for Tue. May 25 to go in and have more coils placed and to put in a stent. Have you had a stent done? I have been looking at everything from a positive light and I know that it is nothing but fear. Mainly because I am a single parent and my fear is for my little four-year olds. I will go in Mon for the post op information. They have started me on plavix and asprin until the surgery and I don’t know how long I will have to take it after that. If you have anymore insight on this process please let me know.

Donna Mignone said:

Charlotte
I know how you are feeling. I have been there. I was coiled and my six month follow-up MRA was fine so I was relieved until three weeks later when my angio told a different story. Where you go from here depends on your situation. In some cases they add more coils others need clips. Additional coils were not an option for me so I had a craniotomy which revealed a second aneurysm that I/we did not know about. It will be three years on the 23rd of this month. I know how difficult it is for you. You try to go to sleep at night and wonder if you will be here tomorrow. Waiting is probably the worst part. My angio was 02/01 and my surgery was not until 05/23. They all tell you to relax but they are not walking in your shoes. Take one day at a time. If you can somehow find a way to remain calm, you will keep your blood pressure down and that is always a good thing. Good luck tomorrow.

Thank you so very much Thomasina and Donna!

You are so welcome! I’m glad you’re feeling a little more upbeat. Next week will be here before you know it. You’ll have the procedure done, come home, rest and be back to normal function in a few weeks - that’s my thinking positive for you!

Yes, I have a stent. I had it placed when they initially did my coils. Thank goodness for my stent since I have a wide neck annie and the coils compacted. I’d hate to think that the compacted coils could have been displaced had it not been for the stent. For me, I hardly think about the stent. Actually, these days, except when I’m discussing it on here, I hardly think about my aneurysm. Sometimes I think about it and it catches me by surprise and I always say “Wow - I forgot that I have an aneurysm, a stent and platinum coils in my head!” I probably spend more time thinking about my menopausal and migraine symptoms than I do my aneurysm. They, unfortunately, are more ‘present’ to me.

Try not to worry. Hey, you’re going in the hospital next week so do something fun - anything safe that makes you happy. I have FAITH that you will be fine - stent and all.

Thomasina

charlotte reagan said:

Thank you so very much Thomasina and Donna!

i agree that it feels like you’re just waiting for it to pop. i am SO happy i found this site. here i don’t have to pretend that i’m not scared or whatever. it really helps to know that i’m not the only one dealing with this.

Hi Brenda, I am glad that you found this site. The people here are awesome. I was having a hard time dealing with all of this and the members helped me through the most difficult time in my life. I had an angiogram on May 10 and then they went in again to place 2 stents and coil both of my aneurysms. The ruptured one had the coils compacted and the unruptured the did for the first time. I just would get so afraid everytime they say they need to go back in. I just hope that no new ones decide to surface anytime soon. Good luck to you and use this site as much as possible because we have been there and dealing with it on a daily basis!

brenda k jones said:

i agree that it feels like you’re just waiting for it to pop. i am SO happy i found this site. here i don’t have to pretend that i’m not scared or whatever. it really helps to know that i’m not the only one dealing with this.

Hey, this is old! Closing it to posts, feel free to start a new thread