Introduction

Hi everyone. It has been a few years since i had a stroke and three brain aneurysms were found via MRA and MRI with Contrast (2009 or 2010). I was 36 years old and am now almost 40. I was a school psychologist. It has been a really challenging road with many twists, turns, uphills, and obstacles but I have been pulling through with my family and the Lords help. It has been a depressing road because I feel like I have lost many "friends" and have lost my career which made me feel more like a success because i was helping kids.

My memory has improved but it still isnt really good. I rely on a memory book for a lot of things.

I have two kids and have difficulty recalling one or two years of their lives while I was recovering (although we are always recovering in a sense, right?)

I am now volunteering and doing hobbies such as knitting and painting. I am also on the PTA at my kids school. I especially enjoy pinterest and copying creative things for the house.

I am looking forward to "meeting' you and feel like a part of a community that can truly relate to what I have experienced. God bless

Hi and Again Welcome Elaine...Your post don't only is uplifting...Your volunteering and crafting and being a survivor are making you a bigger success...You will be a great inspiration to BAF. I too knit and do crafts..~ Wishing you a nice weekend ~ Colleen

Hi Elaine, I’m also a survivor of a ruptured aneurysm. It has been 2 years of a roller coaster ride. I spent 4 long months in the hospital. On my discharged, 6 months in physiotherapy. This has been for me, my first “real summer” since my aneurysm!

I am learning to coped better everyday. From wheelchair, walker, to cane. I am improving everyday with God’s Grace and the love, and support, of my husband, and kids, relatives, and friends. I’m certainly blessed!

This has been a horrendous trauma, but I’m stronger spiritually, after the dust clears, you have found the right place (BAF) for support. Survivors here, are wonderful! And are there for you, on any given day. Keep the Faith Elaine.

Elaine, I am so glad that you shared your story with us. You are truly an inspiration with how you are using the talents and gifts that you have to volunteer. So many of us have had similar experiences through our journey. I took me a while to accept that I could not do all of the things that I used to do. I look forward to getting to know you better and am glad that you are a part of the BAF Family.

God Bless You,

~ Carol