Inspiration

Throw a quote, a poem, some lyrics, a video clip or whatever you'd like up on this thread to inspire those of us that may need some inspiration.

This poem got me through some rough patches. I keep those last three lines in my head and repeat them often.

Come Celebrate With Me

by Lucille Clifton from Book of Light

won't you celebrate with me
what i have shaped into
a kind of life? i had no model.
born in babylon
both nonwhite and woman
what did i see to be except myself?
i made it up
here on this bridge between
starshine and clay,
my one hand holding tight
my other hand; come celebrate
with me that everyday
something has tried to kill me
and has failed.

I have two little diddies I call them that have helped me. "Have courage in the great sorrows of life, patience for the small ones. And when you have accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace, GOD is awake." And " As sure as ever God puts His children in the furnace, He will be in the furnace with them."

Footsteps in the sand - My favorate.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,

when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,

I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord.

" You promised me Lord, that if I follow you, you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life,

there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied.

" The times when you have seen only one set of footprints,

is when I carried You."

BY Mary Stevenson.

a poem-don't quithttp://youtu.be/VkCFeNeqyHk

True story.

The night before my op I was really scared, so much so that I could not sleep. I was worried about who would look after my family and how they would manage if anything bad happened to me.I had been praying alot and felt that that was all I could do. The night before my surgery, I had a dream. I was standing in a swimming pool up to my waist in water and next to me was a dolphin. I was pleasantly surprised to see him there. As I moved deeper into the water he remained next to me. He never left my side. My fear left me and I fell asleep. The following day was the surgery. I had a bleed out from the groin and had to have a transfusion but I was OK. I believe that God, using the symbol of the Dolphin, came to reassure me that he was looking after me and that I would be OK and most importantly that I was not going through my surgery alone. The Dolphin will always have a special place in my heart.

Jennifer Thomas

"The Rescuing Hug"
In the first week of life of this set of twins each were in their respective incubators, and one was not expected to live. A hospital nurse fought against hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together, the healthier of the two threw an arm over her sister in a endearing embrace. The smaller baby's heart rate stabilized and her temperature rose to normal.

I think it is important for all of us to remember the knowledge we are born with and listen to our inner voice. We instinctively know how to heal ourselves and survive.

What a beautiful poem.

All that the weaker twin needed was to be loved back to life - an inspiration to us all.

hi Tara! just wanted to say thanks-i luv this kind of group participation for us to all contribute to-its so supportive and encouraging-just what the doctor ordered!! bless you & yours!

A mother saving her offspring from a house fire. putting herself at risk to do so. I amazining what a little imagination can do!

A mothers love can create a miracle. This mother instinctively knew what to do. Identifying the fire truck as a place of rescue and safety. An inspiration to all our Annie mothers.

Great Idea Tara, I love this stuff. This is from me:

TRUST YOUR FEELINGS

MIND,SPIRIT,BODY,SOUL

Focus on your biggest goal,

For that is what is meant to be,

An inner peace, a life that's Free.

FAITH will lead you when you begin,

It can be scary, but the prize is worthy of the win.

Trust your feelings that matter most,

Lead a life that others toast.

Change the world to a better place,

Make a difference to the human race.

Beautiful Nikki! That was my point to with the pictures. Trust your inner voice and natural instincts. I will say your poem to myself. It does uplift you.

Hello Jennifer lovey, i love your stuff on here too.

Thanks friend xxxx

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” --Maya Angelou

This is one that came to me earlier today before I saw this posting. I think it is appropriate to add it here.

Sa’di (pen name of Muslih-ud-Din, Persian poet ca. 1184-1291)

I never complained of the vicissitudes of fortune, nor suffered my face to be overcast at the revolution of the heavens, except once, when my feet were bare, and I had not the means of obtaining shoes. I came to the chief of Kufah in a state of much dejection, and saw there a man who had no feet. I returned thanks to God and acknowledged his mercies, and endured my want of shoes with patience.

REMEMBER DON'T PADDLE OUT,

UNLESS YOU CAN SWIM BACK IN.

DON'T BE A SLAVE TO THE PAST

BE THE MASTER OF YOUR DESTINY