Im lost and need to talk!

Hey Ed,

I have the same problem with my jaw. My doctor told me that they had to cut the muscle and sew it back when they closed my head. I have had this done 3 times now in the last 4 months. It will get better after a few weeks. It sucks when you can't open your mouth wide enough to get a spoon full of cereal in it. It does get better!

Kimberley

WOW how the heck you suppose to know? if they did a clip then they had to clip something?? was it done or did they just explore for hours? I am confused and I have had coiling for one double bubble! I don’t know what to tell you but to seek advice from a professional surgeon and someone who has done the procedure or something, man that sucks, what the heck did they do all that time? get all your tests and reports together and find someone to talk to!

I dont know everything yet fore sure. Ido know they did not clip anything inside, there was mention of clip used to hold skin at cut. It lasted 3 hours while surgeon looked for it, the last line he wrote before requesting Dr who did Angiogram come to operating room on final report was " I was frustrated" Once the Dr arrived they together looked at angiogram result and agreed that the angiogram was flipped frontal temporal / temporal frontal. The angiogram Dr went to operating table and as he watched video monitor the surgeon with the operating microscope traced the entire vascular tree, showing each arterial branch coming off the carotid and then m1 and m2 segmants...... Im lost to. The surgeon ended his report in last paragraph with " I decided to conclude the case and that this was a surgery that was ubdertakenfor, unfortunately, a faulty preoperative angiogram"

I am supposed to be getting appointment elsewhere, I had to fax all records in advance and am waiting for date and time. almost seems as they are hesitant to make appointment because they called me the other day and were asking "why" would you want to see them..... wierd. I explained again and they said they would get me with someone and call me.. I am thinking possitive

Missed the time, it ended up being 7 1/2 total hours once other dr got there, and I was told last 4 hours was taped???

hey Ed,

contact UCLA they invented the surgery of coiling and now liquid onyx glue that fills up aneurysms, they should know everything about the tests, everything, they are on top of all of this, who knows maybe there is one there and they couldn't find it???? It is a great hospital and they are the best. At least they can tell you what the heck was done to you, that is if your Lawyer well think this a good option, but for your own well being, if there was one there, where did it go? God is good, God does miracles, it could have happened! or it would realy be the pits if they had your tests results mixed up with someone else's and they are walking around with a brain aneurysm!! You have a mess, but on the other hand, you got all of us as new friends and if we think of you, gives us time off our own stuff! that stinkin thinkin we do! I hope you heal quickly, keep a journel, one for contact information and documentation and one for your personal experiences, suffering and pain documented! Praying for you!

opps, I am new and I think I replyed to this post on the wrong place! sorry, I have left side brain damage!! haha wonder how long I can get away with that?

Update: got word today, I have an appointment with Nuerosurgeon at Cleveland Clinic this coming Thursday to get checked out. I am releaved and excited that Ill be being looked at by someone I feel I trust.

Hi Ed. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I would get an attorney fast! Wanted to let you know I had a crainiotomy last November and my jaw is still sore when I yawn. I was told it will take up to a year to heal. Good luck too you.

Ed, I just finished reading your exchange of posts. I can't believe what you have gone through! You are handling it amazingly well considering it all. At least it sounds like you may be getting some answers soon now!

I found your post b/c I was looking up if anyone had experienced ringing/clogged ears post coiling. I was sitting here feeling terrible sorry for myself, crying and depressed and and completely self consumed! What an eye opener your story is for me! It immediately put things into proper perspective. I am so sorry you have suffered through all of this stuff! There has got to be a reason for this in the bigger picture of life. I just hope you find some comfort in knowing that you have plenty of support and understanding here! I will check back in to see how you're doing...

Sincerely Kelly

PS It may be helpful to get another opinion from Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. I went through an incredible surgeon by the name of Judy Huang there. Here is her info in case you need it: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/specialty_areas/aneurysm/profiles/team_member_profile/3AAAE8345DB886C00A9F375E422CC6FC/Judy_Huang

Wow Ed! I can understand you're beyond upset! 1st of all, you need to try to relax abit so as to heal--seriously, pleasse give yourself some time to mend. I'll give you my regular email as sometimes the compuer will freeze up while using the BAFwebsite. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Janet

Hi, I had my coiling done at Cleveland Clinic. I saw two doctors there and they were both great. One dr. will see you and they will all look at your case. At least that is what I was told. I was very happy with everything before during and after surgery. What is your dr. name if you don't mind me asking? I will be praying for you,

Deanna