How was / is your recovery after surgery

John, Thank you for your advice. I didn't mean to complain at all ! I only wanted to know if others experienced the same "disorders". That was all ! It also depends of where you live, the kind of life you have, your environment, etc.

Good luck

All my best

Michele

john cannon said:

You need to get out of your apartment and enjoy the rest of your life.I just turned 60 and I put those problems behind me. Survived two ruptures. You survived for a reason. Don't mean to be cold. Take care.JC

Dear Alice;

Thank you for the time you took to answer and also for your information. I had a friend who had the surgery before me and she influenced me to have my surgery, but she never complained about having sleeping problems. On the contrary, she seemed needing sleep all the time. This is why I am surprised to hear so many people having their brain in non-stop activity, like mine.
Alice said:

Yes, indeed GOD can help, but other things count too. Serotonine, I didn't want to take it because I thought it would make your brain even more active. I took it a long time ago, perhaps 10 years ago, before my surgery, and I found it gave me more energy, but also more hyper activity feelings.

Good luck and I hope your recovery will continue.

Thank you again

Michele

I agree that the cold water dripping feeling does go away. I was coiled in 2011. I understand your depressive episodes, but are you taking any medication for this and speaking to someone? My psychiatrist told me that once the brain is injured in this way, an anti-depressant is usually needed to help you feel normal again. I don't know - I survived a massive rupture - this might be different. I'm so sorry for all your suffering and worrying. (By the way, I live in the middle of "nowhere" and all of my extended family lives on the east coast of the US) I am 59.

Hi, as you can tell we all have some of the same symptoms. I want to address your other question - about monitoring your other aneurysm if you can’t have MRI. Yes it is true that with our clips we can’t just get into ANY MRI machine. For me, I’m allowed to have an MRI “up to the magnetic strength of 3 Tesla” and I wear a medical bracelet that says so, along with the names of my clips - “yasargil.” You must get that information from your surgeon’s office. Then you should go to NYC for a scan if it cannot be done in France. Go to NYU or Columbia Presbyterian.

If you had you’re surgery in the U.S., the medical record must include the brand, model, manufacturer, and even the serial number of the clip. You only have to ask for a photocopy of your hospitalization. They charge about 25 cents per page, so it is not cheap. Mine was about an inch thick. When you have the medical record, your doctors in France will be able to read it and know exactly what happened. You can write the hospital, with your date of surgery, to ask for it and by U.S. law they have to give it to you. My first choice would be to ask your surgeon to help you. My surgeon died and his replacement did not know what he used, so I had to get the record. It helped with the second brain surgery (at a different hospital), so the new surgeon read exactly what approach they took. I urge everyone to get this information right after they leave the hospital and give it to a trusted doctor and also keep it in a safe place at home. I had a seizure in another country and my neurologist was able to fax the relevant pages, so they knew if I could have an MRI. I agree about NY Presbyterian being the best place in New York. I can give you names of my surgeon and my neurologist there. If you come to New York, I would be very happy to have dinner with you.

I have the same problem with depression/anxiety and I was clipped 5 years ago at 70 yrs old. The oncologist had me on Ativan during surgery and forgot to take me off for 17months therefore I became addicted. Been on numerous depression drugs since and none works. Ativan kept me on an even keel but they won’t give to me. I had to retire 2 yrs later since developed Lymphona Non-Hodgkins cancer and think that also contributed to depression. I was a 2A so caught in time but still have no energy. Always was very active even at that age. I have retreated to sort of a recluse and hate it. Been to psychiatrist and neurologist but no help. Someone in medical field said they don’t really try to help someone my age. Never thelessstay positive.

I have not yet had surgery, because I have a condition called CRPS, complex regional pain syndrome aka reflex dystrophy syndrome. It is my opinion that I need to deal with this before I can undergo coiling. The doctors I have seen have only treated me thus far with neurontin, mostly imo because they don’t have much experience with CRPS, so I have been researching and researching. There is considerable information linking a variety of autoimmune ailments including fibro and CRPS. I would be happy to share what I have learned via messaging.

not sure who asked how do you manage an aneurysm without an MRI? I had a clip put in my head in 1972 that it not compatible with an MRI. I've had angiograms to monitor my one coil and to check on my 1972 clip and my 1993 clips. I've also had enhanced CT scans with the IV and contrast dye. So far, so good. No major malfunctions in my head right now. I carry a card in my wallet that says NO MRI's.

I also have a pericollsal aneurysm. They are rare, I am having it clipped

Have to close this one, it’s really been a long time since it was active.