How long til recovery?

My mom had a ruptured brain aneurysm on Sept 9 and a SAH. She is 61 ad was in a coma for almost 2 months. She had it clipped and she also has a shunt. They just took her off the trach last week but she still isn't moving her right side at all and cant speak. She just looks around, doesnt follow comands or anything either. She is also still on a feeding tube. We are going on 3 months and i am so scared for her. Does recovery take this long? Has anyone else experienced this? Any input would be so great as I miss my mom soooooooo much! And I hate to see her like this, when does she get better?

thanks!

Shelby,

I said a prayer for your mom. To echo what Jim said, everyone’s journey is different. There are some many variables that go into it and the brain is by far the most complex machine ever created. Tt’s capable of great feats that continue to astonish even the most seasoned medical practitioner. As much as doctors have learned about it, there’s still tons that they do not know. So it’s impossible to predict. All I can say from a coping stand point is to take each day as it comes. Look for and celebrate the little successes as they come. My blessings go out to you.

I am so sorry to hear this and it breaks my heart!!! You and your mother will be in my prayers!!! All you can do is be there for her, hold her hand, talk to her, hug her, and tell her how much you love her!!

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately my mom passed away Thursday and was not able to recover from this horrible condition. I will keep trying to do things to help the BAF to raise funds and awareness to help prevent and fix aneurysms.

Thanks

i am so sorry to hear your mom wasnat able to recover from having the anny,,but am so glad to see you will be moving forward by raising awareness and she would be so proud,,God bless..will keep you and your family in my prayers

Hi, my name is Jeanine and my mom is 68 and recently had aneurysm surgery (not ruptured was scheduled to be remove). Omgosh,.,… first, I am soo sorry to hear about your mom!!! I can sooo totally relate!!! I don’t have any answers for you, but I am here to find them for myself too. HOpefully, together we can find them, b/c I know what a scary time this can be. I have cried every day (sometimes multiple times) since July 11th when my mom had her surgery. Trying to find info about recovery is difficult, b/c most everyrhing focuses on the medical terminology, etc., and not people’s personal experiences. Again, while I don’t have any answers for you, please know that I am here for you, and hopefully we can find them together. Sending prayers and healing thoughts for you mom!!!

Omgosh… Shelby, please… I am sooo sortry!!! I am new to this forum and didn’t see this until after I had submitted my post. You have my sincerest condolences for the loss of you mom. I am sure you are making her proud by continuing to raise awareness!! My thoughts are with you!!!

the healing process is slow, the brain needs to heal. be patient.