How do you handle stress?

Hi Bertie, October 2020. I am now 14 years post coiling, am sitting in my conservatory with the sun shining in, watching the lawns grow thinking I should go and mow that…but no. What with what is happening in the world with covid etc…just chill. No point being too anxious…it doesn’t help. Cheers xo

2 Likes

I understand that I am responding late to this query, but thought I would offer my two cents. With me, stress is the result of how I let other people effect me. Often times, the people I am supposed to love and the people who are supposed to love me. After my aneurysm, I wasn’t able to read from a book very well. The small print and my memory were problems. I came upon the app “HOOPLA” In fact, our library offered complementary access. Anyway, I listened to a lot of books and found that the books that just present a story without much excitement were the best. They allow you to get lost in the narrative.
Then, more recently, I discovered a book by Doug Carnine called How Love Wins. It helps because those people who I love are causing me stress. I just need to remember that I love them. I need to remember to be kind. I still forget sometimes, but then I go back to the book. I probably need to listen to it again because I forget a lot of it, but ultimately, it is making conscience decisions to just be kind and let fewer things upset me.

2 Likes

Hi,
YOu seem to be able to type so that is good. So sorry if changes have been jolting… just read. (Sometimes, comprehension is lost.) Read that wild lettuce helps w pain, lavender pills helps w anxiety. I thank who ever every day that I am here. Even if it seems silly or wrong. Had a coiling and doc went in 4 Xs and lost it in my brain… causing stroke. I have lots of side effects from pharmaceuticals. This is a great forum to be a part of. Cyberhug ~G

2 Likes