Hemiparesis

Hello from Texas,
So, I just celebrated my 1year post Aneurysm on September 20, 2019. About a month ago I started feeling tingling, pain, numbness and non visible facial drooping. My teeth feel misaligned. My regular doctor sent me to PT for an ankle sprain and bursitis. :woman_facepalming:t2: She suggested I go see my neurologist. So, I did that too. He mentioned me having Hemiparesis. Ordered two MRI’s one with and one without contrast. Both came back with no new signs of stroke and gave no further explanation of what Hemiparesis was. I then payed a visit to my Neurosurgon for a second look at the MRI’s. The left side of me can’t just feel weird for no reason. The Neurosurgon confirmed no new stroke and my coils looked good. However, saw some irritation in the area where I had my stroke. All doctors suggested I continue PT as my brain could be misfiring. (After a whole year). I’m also experiencing night leg spasms on the left side. The Neurosurgon has suggested that I go back to the Neurologist and request an EEG to rule out possible seizures. I’m extremely scared and frustrated. I have been beyond blessed to have recovered from all this with no deficit. My headaches are even under control and manageable. The fatigue monster still visits me on the daily, but I’ll take that any day as thing could be way worse. Has anyone out there experienced this Hemiparesis thing or have any suggestions as to anything else I should be checking? Thanks for listening! Lia :pleading_face:

1 Like

Welcome! I’m putting a link to a definition in for members who might not know what it is. https://www.stroke.org/en/about-stroke/effects-of-stroke/physical-effects-of-stroke/physical-impact/hemiparesis I used to walk like a drunken sailor, but that’s mostly gone now. Still get foot drop but that could be due to vertebrae issues, hard to tell. Good luck and I hope others chime in

1 Like

Thank you very much! I will check it out! Have a blessed day!

1 Like

I can’t offer any helpful advice, but I can can offer you some positive support. In fact this is a great group of people here - so welcome :slight_smile:W:)

3 Likes

Have you thought about looking into maybe having Bell’s Palsy? I had similar symptoms, and was diagnosed with it. I went to the Emergency Department to get the numbness checked out, and they did imaging and found nothing. My neurosurgeon wasn’t concerned about it when I met with him after the diagnosis. It eventually gets better.

1 Like

No, I haven’t. I’m having an ambulatory EEG to rule out nocturnal seizures first. I will keep that in mind though. Thank you! :blush:

Has anyone checked you for Bells Palsy? I had Bells and that is when they found my Annie. I will say a prayer for you.