Hello again, really worried

So I posted recently that my doctor told me that I have 1 aneurysm that is 3 mm big. I am switching doctors due to her not helping me in anyway and telling me I am lying when I say that I have symptoms that are ruining my life. I was told to get my reports from my old doctor to bring to my new doctor. I snooped around my files and found that I dont have 1 aneurysm, I have 3. All varying in sizes. Has anyone ever had this done to them?? I dont understand why she would tell me I have one and then read that obviously there are 3 of them.

here is what the comment says from my chart from her:

There is a saccular aneurysm that projects caudally from the anterior communicating artery complex, measuring 0.29 cm. RIGHT - The visualized right cervical, petrous, cavernous and supraclinoid segments of the internal carotid artery (ICA) are normal. The M1 and M2 segments of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) and the MCA bifurcation are unremarkable. The A1 and A2 segments of the anterior cerebral artery (ACA) are also unremarkable. The posterior communicating artery is unremarkable. LEFT - There is a 0.36 cm narrowing neck saccular aneurysm that projects anteriorly and cranially from the proximal supraclinoid segment of the internal carotid artery. A smaller 0.17 cm aneurysm projects caudally, also from the supraclinoid segment. The visualized left cervical, petrous and cavernous segments of the ICA are normal. The M1 and M2 segments of the MCA and the MCA bifurcation are unremarkable. The A1 and A2 segments of the anterior cerebral artery (ACA) are also unremarkable. The A1 segment is robust. The posterior communicating artery is unremarkable. POSTERIOR CIRCULATION - The intracranial segment of the vertebral artery and the basilar artery are normal in caliber. The basilar tip is unremarkable. The posterior cerebral and superior cerebellar arteries arise normally from the tip of the basilar artery. There are no dissections. Aneurysms less than 3 mm may not be fully characterized secondary to technique. IMPRESSION: Impression: 1. Aneurysms projecting from the anterior commuting artery complex and the supraclinoid segment of the internal carotid artery on the left as described above. 2. No dissection or significant stenosis.

Definitely take records to another Dr! Do your own research, look for a neurosurgeon that specializes in aneurysms. Be proactive for yourself & your own health! Angiogram was the best test in my situation. My aneurysm was 5mm, but actually measured a little larger after angiogram. Had craniotomy for unruptured repair few months later, doing fine 20 months post op! Good Luck!

Well, first, you need to find a doctor you can trust and who will explain everything to you in terms you can understand!

I don't have a medical background and I haven't read too many of these, but from what I can tell, this is not such a bad report! I had one aneurysm discovered by MRA, that led to an angiogram where two more and some other circulatory irregularities were noted. It is very common to have more than one aneurysm after a close and careful examination. The question is-- what to do about each them? It depends, I think, on any symptoms you are having, their size, shape, location, your general health, and your preferences. My doctor chose to clip my biggest and lumpiest one, and a smaller one that would normally not need treatment right away, just because it was close by. Another one I had, he told me didn't require any treatment because if it did bleed, it was in a location where there would be no damage (weird, but true, something about draining into bigger vessels). Sometimes, waiting and watching is the best thing to do.

Yours are all small, which is great news, and "no dissection or significant stenosis" is also good to hear. My guess is that your doctor only felt the 3mm one (.29 in the report) was the only one to worry about right now. That doesn't excuse her from explaining the results to you in detail, though, so I would be switching doctors, too, if I were you.

But this is

Dr. Judy Huang at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore was my Neurosurgeon and she saved my life. I don’t know where you live, but she operates on patients from all around the world. She is trustworthy and explains everything you need to know. Good luck!

Dionna, It's been 5 months since we've heard from you on here. Were you able to get better care and more clarity concerning your aneurysms in the meantime? Hope you are doing okay. Keep us posted.