Headaches

I’ve been having headaches ever since my surgery my mom said that they put coils I have no idea what they did but its been 7 years since my aneurysm

Here is what I wrote in your blog...Also, some medications can cause bad headaches...please check that out too...

Hi Erika...I never had bad headaches/migraines unless I was sick until I had that really bad one that lasted for days and alerted Doctors to my Bp going off the charts. Right before my coiling I asked my internationalist what would be some of the effects after coiling...he told me that I could have bad headaches for about 6 months...well it lasted about 3 months...and now over 3 years I experience a bad migraine about once a month. I see a Neurologist for this and any damage from my brain aneurysm's. When I feel bad one coming on ... I take my feriocet and usually I can rid within 2 to 3 days...If you are in constant pain, headaches, etc., You need to see a Neurologist to help you out. You will find many here with the same problem. Thoughts out to you and wishing you a good Monday ~ Colleen

Hi Erika, i havent been on this site for at least two years but a new “annie” friend encouraged me to join again. So on a whim i logged in and your post was the first i read! I know how you feel. I had a ruptured annie in Sept 2004 had surgery and it was clipped. Another annie was found so had another surgery December 2004 and had that one clipped. Ten years ago and I still have headaches. I am on meds for them and see a nuerologist on a regular basis. I have had times of feeling very depressed and alone, thinking i must be nuts having these so long after my annies. I find not everyone has these pesky headaches/migraines but some of us do. I also have small seizures which i had a tough time describing to my neurologist so she wasnt sure if they were mini seizures or migraine auras. At times i wondered if i just was a big baby and was whining about silly feelings and headaches that really werent as bad as I made them out to be. But last summer one of my feelings/ mini seizures ended up being a full blown big seizure while i was driving on the freeway. I passd out and went off the road wrecking my pickup. I count that as my second miss with death"…or miracle…but it was also a validation that i was having seizures and it validated to me that my headaches were real too. That might sound stupid but after having headaches for a long time and other survivors not having them you start questioning yourself. Right?

Hang in ther girl. I dont know why, but yeah some of us annie survivors do struggle with headaches for a very long time. But we are still very blessed to be alive! Keep smiling and keep your chin up.

Barbara