Headaches everyday - Bad ones!

I had a coiling because of a ruptured aneurysm and for the first two weeks after coming home I felt not too bad, but after that (4 weeks after surgery) I am suffering headaches on a daily basis - sometimes really bad ones. starts in the back of my neck and progressively moves up my head - sometimes stabbing pain. pressure too in the ears. I feel like I am not getting better, I am getting worse. they did find a second aneurysm when they discovered the first one. the second one is not ruptured and they recommended i get it clipped because of the location it cannot be coiled. I worry that the headaches i am having are from the second aneurism, but my neurosurgeon does not think that my headaches are related. I find that hard to believe because i never suffered from any headaches before the rupture happened and now I have them every day. Thoughts anyone.... thanks

Lisa, this subgroup may be helpful to you: http://www.bafsupport.org/group/aneursymandmigraines

thank you!

I had an unruptured aneurysm coiled and have been having almost daily headaches ever since. Some days are not so bad but there are days they are. I also have two other aneurysms that are being watched. My neurosurgeon also tells me the headaches are unrelated to the aneurysms or the coiling. I find that hard to believe. I usually just take Tylenol but when they get really bad I have to lay down for a while and then they seem to let up some.

Oh my gosh Cheryl, I had to read your email twice to make sure it wasn't one of my emails that I wrote - it sounds so much like me. When did you have yours coiled? Mine was Dec 17. My headaches didn't start until 2 weeks after I came home and my windows of being pain free are shrinking. Seems to be getting worse instead of better. Thank you for replying to this, it means a lot!

Cheryl Basom said:

I had an unruptured aneurysm coiled and have been having almost daily headaches ever since. Some days are not so bad but there are days they are. I also have two other aneurysms that are being watched. My neurosurgeon also tells me the headaches are unrelated to the aneurysms or the coiling. I find that hard to believe. I usually just take Tylenol but when they get really bad I have to lay down for a while and then they seem to let up some.

I had two aneurysms clipped in early November, and have two very small ones that are being watched. I spoke with the MD about the headaches and he said the same thing, they aren’t related to the annies. He believes that they could be from the trauma of surgery and barometric changes. Mine started up about a month ago and are frequent and lengthy. Be sure and stay hydrated and rest, that helps a lot…

I had mine coiled in October 2013 and the headaches started a few weeks later. I've pretty much learned to live with them. They do seem to be getting a little better as I do not get the bad ones very often anymore but they are still there almost daily.

Lisa Eriksen said:

Oh my gosh Cheryl, I had to read your email twice to make sure it wasn't one of my emails that I wrote - it sounds so much like me. When did you have yours coiled? Mine was Dec 17. My headaches didn't start until 2 weeks after I came home and my windows of being pain free are shrinking. Seems to be getting worse instead of better. Thank you for replying to this, it means a lot!

Cheryl Basom said:

Wow Cheryl, you have been dealing with your headaches for over a year now! me only over a month. I can't imagine going through this for a year! I hope the bad ones subside soon, I'm immobile when they hit, which is daily for me. I'm sleeping on and off 24 hours just to escape the pain.

Cheryl Basom said:

I had mine coiled in October 2013 and the headaches started a few weeks later. I've pretty much learned to live with them. They do seem to be getting a little better as I do not get the bad ones very often anymore but they are still there almost daily.

Lisa Eriksen said:

Cheryl Basom said:

I am so sorry that you are having these migraines - I remember how awful they are. My annie did not rupture, but I had pretty acute migraines for a solid month afterward - they didn't wait 2 weeks. I was able to control mine with Fioricet and 5 mg. Oxycodone and by 5 weeks they were gone.

I also would worry if I was you. Is your neurosurgeon willing to order an MRA or CT to double check? I hope you get some answers soon and some relief. Take care, Sherri

Thank you Sherri. My neurosurgeon won’t do the Mir until I am ready for the second surgery. I have had a scan since the surgery, when I had a headache so bad I threw up and called ambulance to take me to hospital. They said there were no changes since the surgery. That was a couple of weeks ago. Motion really triggers them. Riding in the car is murder!

Thanks so much again God bless you all!
Lisa

Lisa, when are you supposed to have the clipping for your 2nd one? I hope soon.

I used to get car sick when I was young and had to take car sick pills before every trip. Several things I learned - ride in the front seat only. Crack the window slightly. Don't look at anything in print. You may already know this, but I can relate. Take care - Sherri