Headaches

maybe you can get a referral for a neuroligist,,, not a neurosurgeon ,,,,, a neuroligist,,,,

yep ,,, have them also ,,, my annie was unruptured ,i have 2 stents and 51 coils left ICA ! ,,, sometimes i can't bend over because the pressure on the left side of my head feels like i have a water balloon that is about to burst ! and it hurts to bend over ! have headaches every day, some days they are unbearable!!!!! ,,, pressure most days ,,, last mra/mri showed narrowing of other other arteries on left side of brain ,,,,, but no other annies ,,, wooo hooo, no other annies ! the pic of the x ray is the ball of coils thats my platiumn bling I wear on the inside !!!!!

Tanya,

I thought my headaches were a thing of the past after my surgery, but I was told by both my drs. that my migraines had nothing to do with what happened ,and if I had them in the past ,I would likely have them again , but because the vessels were damaged they would probably be more intense. They were right .

Joan

I get headaches quite often and found that they were due to "referred pain". I started seeing a physical therapist and that really helped me. I think we tend to favor our heads and constantly try to protect that area. Mine stemmed from "Upper trapezius muscles" and those muscles being tightly wound. Since doing exercises, my headaches have diminished quite a bit. It's something to consider-- I hope you feel better!

My husband was coiled 2 years ago and clipped a year ago due to the coiling not holding, so he has alot of metal in his head! He rarely suffers headaches anymore, but did have one recently which brought back bad memories of pre-coiling. (His annie leaked, but sealed itself off, so never actuallly ruptured. He was truly lucky.) Anyway, he has his one year check up today and I admit to feeling anxious. He feels pressure also from time to time, but after a few days it goes away.

Keep us posted. We care.

Hi Tanya, I'm also from the area I onced lived in Chalmette and so did my family. I was wondering where to go for a thorough examination? I had went to several ER's in the New Orleans metro area including the Westbank and all they do is cat scan , drug me(it makes the pain worse), and tell me to follow up with a neurologist then release me. This is unbelievable! I was recently a very active person who weighed roughly 173 lbs 6'1" now lost 30 lbs because of this severe pain in the back of my head. If I eat a full meal the pressure gets tremendous, i'm eating a low diet with hardly any fat or salt to make it worse. I have the Worse headache it's constant never goes away. I felt a stinging sensation and then a warm flow in the back of my head before this headache happened. I'm practically bedridden can't return to school or work. Could you offer any help or advice to guide me to someone or place for help...I'm desperate. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Robert "Bobby" Barbetta Jr.

Hi Tanya...Were you coiled? My Neurosurgeon had told me you could have bad headaches up to 6 months after coiling...I continue even after 18 months...not every week...but at least once a month I get a real bad headache that lasts a few days...never had until I was coiled...and I find this among alot of us coiled...also, check your medicines...I was on Nexium...and Neurologist told me worse thing for headaches...after I got off the Nexium I found the headaches to not be as bad...so check your meds...hope this helps...~ Cyber~thoughts your way ~ Colleen

July 15 will be my one year aneurysm rupture anniversary and I am still having headaches. Actually they seem to be getting worse. I hope yours get better soon.

Susie

I just typed all of this stuff and it disappeared-- my laptop annoys me. Anyhoo! Headaches are quite normal at a year. I'm at the 21 month point now and for me, I found out I also had hyperthyroidism which was contributing to the headaches. I would make sure that you get your follow up appointment with your neuro to ensure all is well though.

Tanya...seems like we all get told the same thing...we are also told before ruptures and diagnoses that headaches are incidental...and, we msut be menopausal and/or depressed...Wish I could share something more positive...

for the minimally invasive coiling procedures... usually w/or followed by off-label, and/or off-record, stents...

It has been 8 years...headaches do not go away...tho I generally describe mine as "pressure"...like a balloon that is ready to pop... in other words, there is no typical throb...

The story that headaches should go away seems to be common... We are not asked...we are told...that they should go away...thus, I question the stats...please remember, I am just a peer...not a profesional and have no knoweldge of the studies the docs use for their info to us.

Prayers for your continued recovery...

Pat

I am 2.5 yrs into a coiling and yes just like everyone else I still get headaches. I get one when it gets cold, when it storms, when theres too much noise, if I am doing a lot of bending, ect. Are you seeing a pattern? I go through about 9 imitrex a month. It seems to be the mold that most of us fit into & yes my neurologist told me I was depressed and the muscle jumps I am having are nothing. I have reached a point where I don't believe much of what they tell me anymore. I come to my own conclusions. After all they only "practice" medicine.

Sorry for late response! Go to Tulane they have the best stroke program! Whatever u do do not see callichia at west Jeff…Tulane is the specialty hospital for this,

Hi It’s been a year and a half since my rapture and still get headaches and nausea. I get them when i push myself . Like Pat described her’s more like pressure. Having an episode right now actually I’ve been off work since money. It came on cos I did a lot of driving around last Saturday. I’m a real estate agent!!! So now I have to take it really easy until it goes away. Mustn’t do so much I know. So we need to know whento slow down really.

Dolores....we have much in common...

I passed my ten year survival this year...I was also in r/e...did renew my license a couple of times... lost money paying for it all down to the biz rider on my car insurance... also passed the driver license test...however, issues advanced over the f/up angios... i.e. the center white line was raising 1-2 feet above the pavement ...and the migraine aura...the extreme flashes/streaks of light in an eye or both... and memory... May not be any of your symptoms/issues...however, my vision /migraines worsened over time... (no, not aging...) I came into retirement off SS Disability...

Prayers that you have had extensive oph, neuro-oph, and auditory testing and neuropsych testing... that can/may/do help... And, prayers that you have a good co-agent or broker to fill in when you need your rest... I did...tho overtime, I did not renew my license...Sending my blessings that your selections / desires are received / achieved...

Pat

Drs don’t always listen. You’re the one having the headaches, I don’t care what they say, they are not the ones with the pain. My dr told me yesterday some of my symptoms aren’t related to the ruptured aneurysm, well I didn’t have them before. My balance is off, I get an itching around my ankles, my vision gets blurry on occasion, all my dr said was to see more drs, he had a real change of heart now that my insurance has ended.

Katm...

We can share a lot... I am too wickedly wired tonight...tho I imagine your doc is likely right in stating all your symptoms are not related to the ruptured aneurysm...will share more story later on...

My only question tonight is on your "insurance has ended"...what did he mean by "see more drs?"...

At the same facility/clinic or another one?

Just one question...the itching on your ankle...do you have any swelling at all? I just recently read a record of waybackwhen that notes ankle swelling soon after a major angio procedure... years later I still get swelling in the left ankle...I also had the psoriasis break out on my left foot...down to fungus under the left toe nails after the initial days of angios...so the f/up angios hit the same left area...

Prayers we'll share more...

Pat

My mom had a rupture and was coiled 4 years ago. She has debilitating headaches almost daily! There has not been 1 day since she came hone from the hospital that she doesn't have at least a slight headache. A great day is a 1 or 2. A normal day is a 5 or6. A horrible day is 7 - 9 and that's when she begs to go to the hospital for iv pain relief. I hate it. She has zero quality of life. We have been to many many neuro, tried tons of different meds...NOTHING makes her headaches stop :( We've been told she just has to live with it...many days she says she wishes she didn't survive, and I think I would feel the same. The mother I knew died that day...

Hello,

I am 3 yrs out now from surgery from being clipped. I feel so sorry for your mom. I have the terrible headache now. They started me on Anti inflammatory that seems to be working. I will pray for her. I have memory issues but can live with that but the headache are terrible. I know how she feels and the doctors are terrible tell her keep going till she finds a good neurologist, she can do this.

Michelle Rosenberg said:

My mom had a rupture and was coiled 4 years ago. She has debilitating headaches almost daily! There has not been 1 day since she came hone from the hospital that she doesn't have at least a slight headache. A great day is a 1 or 2. A normal day is a 5 or6. A horrible day is 7 - 9 and that's when she begs to go to the hospital for iv pain relief. I hate it. She has zero quality of life. We have been to many many neuro, tried tons of different meds...NOTHING makes her headaches stop :( We've been told she just has to live with it...many days she says she wishes she didn't survive, and I think I would feel the same. The mother I knew died that day...