Headaches and Chiropractors

My annies were found in March after a blackout/fall. I'm awaiting a call from surgeon to take care of them. My nero doctor that I see for pain from my daily headaches and migraines thinks that they are from my neck and has ordered PT on my neck. Has anyone w/or w/o ruptured annies ever seen a chiropractor because of daily headaches, and did it help? I know doctors & chiropractors are like oil and water and my doc said that it won't help just let PT work on your neck . Is there a danger with them ajusting, and do/did you have to inform the chiro about the annies? I'm taking meds everyday just to get thru the day with less pain.

Hi Angela,

I was not previously a fan of Chiropractors, however I landed myself a great one. Two things are really important. 1) Make sure the chiropractor is aware of the aneurysms. 2) Only go to a chiropractor that will always remember to do gentle treatments. (Typically done with this clicker thing/tool). Under no circumstances do you let any chiropractor snap/crack your neck. This can cause a rush of blood to go to your head in which case is not a good idea for those of us with aneurysms. After three months of gentle treatment straightening my neck bones, I no longer have the head ache caused from my neck injury and truly can tell the pain and aches that are caused from the aneurysms. My chiropractor and his office staff have provided better research and service than my medical plan has. He researched aneurysms to find out what the best spine treatment was with my condition. Since I had a blow to the head from a car accident, my spine was very twisted from the middle of my back up. I can tell the difference completely and have not had a migraine since. I also no longer am taking heavy narcotics for pain. Hope this helps. Oh, and my 3 aneurysms have yet to be repaired.

e do NOT SEE A CHIROPRACTOR.....MY story is to long to post. Be your own Advocate and insist they check your Carotid Arteries for possible Fibromuscular Dysplasia / Stenosis that causes Brain Aneurysms. Trust me. Talk to your Doctor. My neck was hurting badly and ALMOST had surgery. Went for second opinion glad of that or I would not be here today to tell. This is how my Brain Aneurysm was found. I was seeing a CHIROPRACTOR and they said I was lucky my Right Carotid artery didn't have a dissection. I have 99% blockage in right side and this is side Brain Aneurysm is on and left side is 75% blocked. You do not want to see a CHIROPRACTOR. MY DOCTORS AT UVa. said never to go to one. Please research And ask your Doctor about testing for FIBROMUSCULAR DYSPLASIA.

Angela,

I cherish my chiro... and, like finding a doctor, we hope to have quality; my chiro care is called activator (light touch)...and, sounds as Dawn described...

So sorry to hear of your blackout and delays in seeing your surgeon...My initial ER was of black-out/fractured shoulder; immediately sought testing/diagnosis w/PCP...including surgery to pin the shoulder...followed by second and third emergencies...over 29 days.

Prayers you contact your doctors about potential secondary black-out... stats indicate repeats are apx two weeks; per stats available, you are past potential repeats; however, mine was close to a month. I had too much memory loss and pain drugs to even think about chiro care during those times; nor had I had chiro care for some time prior to ruptures...

I so support what Dawn has shared...

Pat

Liam...

Thank you for sharing the NY Times article...

During brain treatment, even branches of major arteries can be dissected...tends to open the vessel and close-off the mind...

A documentary entitled "Doctored" on DVDs can be previewed www.doctoredthemovie.com

It is history of AMA/chiro...beginning 4-5 decades back...I gifted half a dozen of the DVDs...

Pat

Liam...

Thanks for my morning greeting...I also use acupuncture...she also provided an inexpensive, OTC eastern med w/minimal supply...e.g. two weeks...

I think I recently read that Australia and the U.S. are the only two countries that allow pharmads...approved here in 1991. Here, the market base is entitled The Health Care Industry...

My chiro does my neck...no pressure/manipulation w/the touch tool Dawn noted...

Have a great day...