Has anyone had elective Clipping and regreted decision?

I am 40 years old and my Dad had a ruptured aneurysm 8 years ago. I was diagnosed with 2 small aneurysms and have decided to have the surgery…I was not a coiling candidate and my two options were watch it and rescan in a year or Clipping. I was just wondering if anyone out there has made this decision and regreted it? My Surgery is scheduled for June 23rd.

I read an article on the Brain Aneurysm Foundation Web-site that said that the 2nd generation family member that is diagnosed with an aneurysm…it will erupt on avg 15 years sooner than the former relative. With that being said…do your math…and decide if you want to gamble. I would’nt personally. In fact, my neurosurgeon suggested to not have my daughter tested until she is 25, but after that article, i’m moving it up to about 21. (Though praying she will NOT be 3rd gen). Good luck, and God Bless. Side note: google the stat’s on unruptered clipping and ruptured clipping…taking care of it beforehand the percentage of success in all arena’s is much more in your favor. Also, consider that being female the odds are not as good in our favor ~ I think its 3 to 1 female to male…we must be weaker in the vein department, that is completely a Kerri-ism, not medically supported.

My sister recently was in the same position as you. she had the surgery in march this year and had a really quick recovery. 2 aneurysms and doctors planned to operate on one but they where able to clip both at the same time. she was back at work about 2-3 wks after her surgery.
We live in Australia and she is on holidays in Vegas at the moment living it up having a good time. don’t think she regrets it at all. she used to worry about it too much like it was a time bomb. Good luck hope it all goes well :slight_smile:

Hey, this is old! Closing it to posts, feel free to start a new thread