Has anyone had clipping on unruptured annie on opthalmic artery?

I am 6 months after diagnosis of 2 unruptured annies , the opthalmic arteries stem from the sacs on each side.

I've had opinions to treat endovascularly as well as to clip, as well as to wait and montior.

I'm looking for anyone who has had clipping on such aneuryms to understand your experience and outcome.

Thanks to get in contact!

Hello Cathy, I had mine clipped in 2012, and I am recovered and well. The procedure seems to be one that many neurosurgeons perform, and I know several other people who have been through the surgery too who recovered well too. Warm thoughts to you while you make your decision, talk with others and recieve care from your trusted doctors. <3

I had a clipping of my left ophthalmic artery in 2012. It was 9 mm and because of the shape I didn't have other options. I am now the proud owner of three titanium clips. Surgery was a smashing success. I have my challenges but could not ask for a better outcome. Carol

Hi,
In 2012 doctors discovered a 5mm Annie right by my ophthalmic artery & after a series of tests @ Hopkins was told I could choose endovascular treatment or clipping. I opted for clipping & am glad I did as it turned out that I had some anatomical abnormalities that were not made apparent in the pre-op tests & worked in my favor.
It was in a better position than it appeared so the surgeon did not have to use a clip- she wrapped it instead.

I had surgery on Thursday, walked out of hospital Saturday evening. It took weeks for my eyesight to return to normal but I have fully recovered.

Hi Carol,

who did the clipping for you? Did you have any vision impact? what kind of post surgery issues have you had?

If you had the chance to do endovascular (PED) would you do so, or would you do clipping again?

Thanks

Cathy

Carol said:

I had a clipping of my left ophthalmic artery in 2012. It was 9 mm and because of the shape I didn't have other options. I am now the proud owner of three titanium clips. Surgery was a smashing success. I have my challenges but could not ask for a better outcome. Carol

Hi Cathy. I have been composing my reply to you since I read your email. I was going to send it to your private email. My doctor was Dr. E. Sander Connolly at NY Presbyterian Columbia. I'll send all the other details to your email. Hope you are okay. Carol

Hi Cathy,
I had an annuerysm embedded in the optic nerve chasm which was clipped. I have two more small ones that are being monitored by Columbia.
Only good thoughts.
Penny

Hi Cathy,

I am 4 years post clipping and 100%!!! No worries and have faith in your surgeon!!!!! Best wishes and hope your anxiety eases!!!

Hi Cathy
I had a similar thing which was clipped 3 years ago. I had no problems whatsoever with the surgery or recovery. I was left with an unnoticeable scary along my hairline with a slight indentation. I have just had a follow up scan and all is clear. I also had neuro-psychological tests done recently and I came out as being “above average”. I hope this helps to ease your anxiety. Best of luck to you.