Hair loss information after coiling procedure

I had a friend who is a nurse send me this link:

I have a distinct square of hair missing from the top/back of my head now started to notice a month after I was out of the hospital I think that my hair was falling out.
Was told the same things… due to stress, it will grow back, etc.
I am going to see a dermatologist in a couple days.
It is something that doesn’t help me stay positive overall. I never wore a hat much and now have to wear one everyday. Just hoping to have it grow back soon

Rick, I moved this to give it its own topic as the one you posted it under is quite old. This is great information by the way. I have always had fine hair and with all my angiograms, my hair is actually getting thicker than it ever was, give yourself time. You might also look at your mother’s family for any baldness. My oldest brother started getting bald and the doctor asked him who else in our mother’s family - all the males had male patterned baldness, it’s a genetic thing as well.

Thank you. I saw a dermatologist today and he told me that different meds for hair are for different reasons why your hair is going. So in my case it was more due to stress, trauma, scans and surgery. Not necessarily a genetic thing. So a vitamin that would help hair growth for genetics won’t be much good to me as that isn’t necessarily my problem

So to follow up on the dermatologist appointment. He had one medication in mind that he was going to talk to my neurologist about. He was going to start me on one pill then I would go back and see him in a month and he could move me to 2 pills at that time (same med just double the dose)
But, he said it could cause headaches and it could cause ankle swelling. So he wanted to talk to my neurologist to be sure.
He was supposed to call me back and hasn’t. My dad stopped at the pharmacy and they didn’t call it in. I just talked with my parents about it. My mom researched it a little but we were all concern with the fact that it could lead to more headaches and it could also be hard to tell if that was the cause or not. So I sent a message to the drs office. We decided to not take the prescription as I really don’t want to take more meds anyways. And I am going to cancel the follow up with him. We’ll just let it come back on its own as they all said it would it will just take time. But I think the risks are too much at this point

Hair does tell on us doesn’t it? I remember in my late teens early twenties when I was in college, my hair went white on one side in the front. It looked like I dyed it which wasn’t the style back then😂. It was the stress of working and too many classes.

I don’t take anything now for my brain except the 81 mg aspirin for the stent. The first year was a different story with the neurologist trying different medications that didn’t work for me. I do have a backup med for those days I get overwhelmed and my neurological issues get worse I’m supposed to carry one with me but I rarely remember.

Also it may be that your neurosurgeon is on vacation and his team wants the neurosurgeon to answer the dermatologist’s question. Or he could’ve been doing surgery. There’s a myriad of things that can cause delays so we have to be patient if it’s something we want. I also don’t blame you for wanting to not take anything that can cause more headaches. I remember my early years after rupture and those migraines were debilitating.